About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering organizational behavior material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn organizational behavior. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding leadership theory in organizational behavior
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about leadership theory in organizational behavior
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the leadership theory in organizational behavior chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know; review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the leadership theory in organizational behavior chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any leadership theory question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a leadership theory unit of a standard organizational behavior course. Topics covered include:
- Fiedler's contingency theory
- Hersey-Blanchard's model of situational leadership
- Trait and behavioral theories of leadership
- The attribution theory of leadership
- Leader-member exchange theory
1. Bureaucratic Structure in an Organization: Definition & Explanation
Bureaucratic structures are used in many organizations, including the military, government agencies like the Department of State, and large corporations. In this lesson, we'll define bureaucratic structure and you'll learn how one operates. You'll also be given an opportunity to reinforce your knowledge of this topic with a brief quiz.
2. Robert House on Leadership
In this lesson, you'll learn about Robert House's path-goal theory of leadership and focus on its key components. You'll also have an opportunity to reinforce your knowledge with a short quiz after the lesson.
3. Leadership Philosophies: Types & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about three basic leadership styles, some specific leadership approaches, and the leadership philosophy that is the best for a given situation.
4. What is New Leadership Theory?
In this lesson, we will discuss new leadership theory and define its meaning. The lesson will also review the different types of new leadership theories as well.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Organizational Behavior: Help and Review course
- The Evolution of Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Management and Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Foundations of Individual Behavior: Help and Review
- Personality and Behavior in Organizations: Help and Review
- Emotions and Moods in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Emotions & Moods in Organizations
- Attitudes and Values in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Ethics in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Perception and Attribution: Help and Review
- Learning in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Employee Motivation: Help and Review
- Individual Decision Making in Organizations: Help and Review
- Workforce Diversity: Help and Review
- Organizational Communication in Business: Help and Review
- Groups and Work Teams: Help and Review
- Group Decision Making: Help and Review
- Conflict in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Leadership in Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Organizational Structure and Design: Help and Review
- Job Design: Help and Review
- Organizational Culture: Help and Review
- Organizational Change and Organizational Behavior: Help and Review
- Managing Workplace Stress: Help and Review
- Career Management: Help and Review
- Theories of Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Individual Behavior in Organizations
- Global Implications of Organizational Behavior: Help and Review