About This Chapter
Leading Effective Teams - Chapter Summary
Use the video lessons in this chapter to give employees insight into what it takes to lead effective work teams. They can watch the lessons to learn more about:
- The definition, role and responsibilities of a team leader
- How planning serves as a function of management
- What it means to effectively manage a team
- How to empower and motivate employees
The videos average 5 minutes apiece, making them the perfect tool for corporate training sessions with busy employees. After watching the videos, you can have employees take the assessment quizzes and the chapter exam to test their comprehension of the lessons.
How It Helps
- Improves leadership qualities: Lessons help employees understand how to guide teams, improving their overall leadership qualities in the workplace.
- Strengthens team management: The videos teach ways that employees can organize teams and handle their challenges, strengthening team management and performance in your company.
- Teaches how to motivate: Employees will learn ways to motivating individuals to perform well as team members.
After reviewing the lessons, employees will be able to:
- Define the team leader and identify the roles and responsibilities of this position
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of planning in management
- Discuss the characteristics of an effective organizational team
- Describe the benefits of empowering employees
- List theories of employee motivation
1. What Is a Team Leader? - Description, Role & Responsibilities
Are you interested in becoming a team leader or need to find one for your organization? Read on to learn more about what a team leader is and the various roles and responsibilities that comes with this position.
2. Planning as a Function of Management
In this lesson, you will learn the role of planning as a function of management. Discover the advantages of and barriers to planning, and how it is used to achieve organizational goals.
3. What Is an Effective Team in Organizations: Characteristics, Definition & Qualities
Companies that organize their workers in teams can improve their productivity and identify new approaches to achieving company goals. In this lesson, learn about the characteristics and qualities of effective teams.
4. How to Empower Employees & Improve Employee Performance
Empowered employees have the potential to reach high levels of productivity because they feel in control of their jobs. This lesson will describe how a manager can empower an employee to motivate employee performance.
5. Practical Application: Employee Empowerment Scenarios
Empowered employees are happy and productive employees. Here, you'll find three hypothetical scenarios where you need to write down your plan for empowering a struggling employee.
6. What Is Employee Motivation? - Theories, Methods & Factors
Motivated employees are essential to the success of an organization. In this lesson, you'll learn about some theories of motivation, methods and factors to consider. You'll have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
7. Practical Application: Motivational Theories & Strategies Infographic
Motivation is a key driver for employee achievement. But what drives motivation and what can managers do to increase motivation in team members? This infographic will take you through theories and strategies for motivating teams.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.