About This Chapter
Lean Business Methodology - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find corporate training lessons concerning lean business methodology. These lessons make concepts such as lean portfolio management and lean product development a breeze to explore. All lessons include a quiz for self-assessment purposes.
How It Helps
- Simplifies training: Whether you need a tool on lean business methodology to train new hires or lead a corporate workshop, a variety of training purposes can be achieved with this chapter.
- Promotes knowledge: Topics including the six pillars of lean business agility and leveraging quarterly planning are featured in this chapter.
- Outlines principles: Your employees will learn about the methodology of lean business as it applies to many concepts, including lean startup, lean canvas and more.
Use this chapter to make sure your team members can do the following:
- Explain the six pillars of lean business agility
- Define lean portfolio management and recognize its principles
- Understand how to leverage quarterly planning in lean portfolio management
- Give the definition and principles of lean product development
- Outline the principles of lean startup
- Remember the definition of lean canvas
1. Six Pillars of Lean Business Agility
Lean business agility is a framework that helps organizations operate in a manner that maximizes their efficiency and effectiveness. This lesson provides a high-level overview of the things that characterize an agile organization.
2. Lean Portfolio Management: Definition & Principles
In this lesson, we'll define lean portfolio management and explain how it uses lean thinking methodology to efficiently manage project portfolios and quickly deliver projects.
3. Leveraging Quarterly Planning in Lean Portfolio Management
How can companies reduce waste and increase agility through lean portfolio management? In this lesson, we'll take a look at one tool that can help, quarterly planning, and how it can help companies implement lean portfolio management.
4. Lean Product Development: Definition & Principles
Lean business is usually thought of as being about lean production. However, that's not the only way a company can reduce waste and save money. In this lesson, we'll examine lean product development.
5. Lean Startup: Definition & Principles
This lesson defines the concept known as lean startup. You'll then learn a bit about many of the key principles behind this innovative entrepreneurial method.
6. Lean Canvas: Definition & Principles
As an adaptation of the original Business Model Canvas, Lean Canvas is designed to be a fast, easy method for start-up entrepreneurs to plan and execute business models. This lesson defines Lean Canvas and identifies its primary principles.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Agility for Organizations course