About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering lean in business material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn lean in business. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how lean is used in manufacturing, process management, operations management, healthcare and other industries and management areas
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about lean
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Lean in Business chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the lean in business chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any lean in business question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a lean unit of a standard business course. Topics covered include:
- Principles of lean management
- The meaning of lean manufacturing and lean process management
- Definitions of the rapid improvement event and value stream management
- Lean operations and lean supply chain management
- How lean management is used in healthcare
1. Lean Management Principles
Lean management is when a company strives for constant improvement while considering their customers' values. In this lesson, we will discuss the importance of lean management and the core principles that help companies thrive when using this style of management.
2. What is Lean Manufacturing?
Companies have limited resources with which to work and are always looking for ways to do more with what they have. In this lesson, you will learn about lean manufacturing.
3. Lean Process Management
Saving money is an important concept for all companies. Spending less money means more money in their pockets. In this lesson we will learn about a concept that can help a company save money while still creating a quality product or service.
4. What is a Rapid Improvement Event?
Every company experiences a time when they need to make changes. Sometimes those changes happen over an extended amount of time, and sometimes those changes are quick. This lesson centers around the quick, drastic changes known as a rapid improvement event.
5. What is Value Stream Management?
When a manager's main focus is value, he is practicing value stream management. This lesson focuses on what this type of management style looks like as well as why it is important.
6. Lean Operations Management
Many organizations have started making changes in order to better their operations and benefit customers. In this lesson we will discuss the importance of lean operations management and the advantages it offers to organizations.
7. Lean Management in Healthcare
Reducing costs is a goal of almost all businesses. In healthcare, businesses not only want to cut costs but provide quality care. In this lesson we will learn how lean management can improve the healthcare industry.
8. Lean Supply Chain Management
When you plan your day, you likely plan it in the most efficient way you can, so as not to waste time or resources. Businesses do that as well, applying a concept called lean supply chain management. In this lesson, we will discuss lean supply chain management and show how it applies to today's business environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business: Help and Review course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Help and Review
- Business Morality & Code of Conduct: Help and Review
- Economics and Business: Help and Review
- Business in Global Markets: Help and Review
- Forms of Business Ownership: Help and Review
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Help and Review
- Managing and Leading in Business: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Business: Help and Review
- Organizational Management: Help and Review
- Project Management Basics: Help and Review
- Business Production and Operations: Help and Review
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Help and Review
- Basics of Human Resources: Help and Review
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Help and Review
- Business Marketing Basics: Help and Review
- Product Development and Retailing: Help and Review
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Help and Review
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Help and Review
- Product Promotion in Business: Help and Review
- MIS Basics in Business: Help and Review
- Implications of Information Technology: Help and Review
- Risk Management in Business: Help and Review
- Accounting Basics: Help and Review
- Financial Management in Business: Help and Review
- Securities Markets and Business: Help and Review
- Money and Financial Institutions: Help and Review
- Strategic Planning for Small Businesses
- Small Business Analysis Models
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Small Business
- Product Pricing for Small Business