About This Chapter
Learning Computer Science - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
If you are considering a computer science program, you may have some questions about what you'll learn and how hard the subject might be. In this chapter, you'll find articles that will answer some of these questions and give you an idea of what to expect when you are learning computer science. Take a look at these articles to learn more about:
- Difficulty level of computer science programs
- Online options for studying computer science
- Topics covered in a typical computer science program
|Is Studying Computer Science Hard?||Get an idea of how hard a computer science program might be.|
|Learning Computer Science Online||Find out about online computer science programs.|
|What Do You Learn in Computer Science?||Explore the topics you'll cover in a typical computer science program.|
1. Is Studying Computer Science Hard?
Explore some of your options for studying computer science. This article provides information on typical courses found in continuing education and credit-granting programs to give you some idea as to the difficulty of studying this subject.
2. Learning Computer Science Online
Students interested in learning computer science will discover many online resources to help them achieve their goals. Read on to learn about the different types of online computer science learning options.
3. What Do You Learn in Computer Science?
Computer science is one of the more popular majors today, and if you are considering it for your own studies, read this article to find out what kinds of things you will learn by studying the subject.
4. Is SQL Hard to Learn?
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a programming language used to access and manipulate data in a database. It's used with database management systems such as MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft Access. Its syntax is relatively simple, but its ease of learning and use will depend on your familiarity with a few computer-related subjects, especially databases.
5. Is PHP Hard to Learn?
PHP is a programming language used for many applications and websites. In this article, we will address whether PHP is difficult to master and ways you can become proficient in it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Information Systems: Help and Review course
- Introduction to Computers: Help and Review
- Information Systems in Organizations: Help and Review
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Help and Review
- Systems Software and Application Software: Help and Review
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet: Help and Review
- Network Systems Technology: Help and Review
- Remote Connections: Help and Review
- Enterprise Business Systems: Help and Review
- Decision Support & Specialized Information Systems: Help & Review
- Systems Development: Help and Review
- Data Management: Help and Review
- Ethical, Social & Business Issues in IT: Help & Review
- Introduction to Programming: Help and Review
- Business, Social & Ethical Implications & Issues: Help & Review
- Working with Java
- Java Programming Terminology
- Java Programming Overview
- Java Programming Problems