About This Chapter
Legal Industry Ethics, Liabilities & Insurance - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors make legal industry insurance, ethics and liabilities easy to understand in this chapter. Bite-sized lessons outline business insurance, records management and professional liability issues for your self-paced review. This chapter is designed to assist you in meeting the following objectives:
- Outline professional and ethical conduct for attorneys in business
- Discuss the different types of professional liability issues for lawyers
- Identify the legal industry's records management and retention requirements
- Detail the importance of insurance for businesses
- Explain business disability insurance
- Explore the uses for double insurance and re-insurance in business
If you need help at any time as you're working through this chapter, submit your questions to one of our expert instructors through the Dashboard. We've included lesson quizzes and a chapter test here as a handy way to assess your comprehension level. These lessons and quizzes are designed for your flexibility and convenience by being accessible to you 24 hours a day.
1. Attorney Professional and Ethical Conduct in Business
Lawyers play an important part in business, but they must follow model rules regarding ethics. This lesson addresses legal ethics in business law, including malpractice, attorney-client privilege and conflicts of interest.
2. Professional Liability Issues for Lawyers: Types & Insurance
Professional liability insurance is essential to protect lawyers from claims of malpractice and negligence. In this lesson, we will examine the types of claims made and how insurance covers those claims.
3. Insurance for Businesses: Uses & Importance
The lesson will discuss why insurance for businesses should be considered a necessity. We'll also talk about various types of business insurances, such as property insurance, liability insurance, and worker's compensation.
4. Business Disability Insurance
Insurance is a great way to help a company out in the case of an unexpected event. In this lesson, we will learn about some of the different types of insurances policies a company can take advantage of if there is a sickness or injury.
5. Re-insurance & Double Insurance in Business: Definition & Uses
Disasters can result in huge payouts for insurance companies. This lesson looks at how reinsurance is used to reduce these huge payouts, as well as what happens when a person or company has double insurance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Association of Legal Administrators CLM Exam: Study Guide course
- General Accounting Concepts
- Cost & Fixed Asset Accounting
- Organization Structures & Accounting
- Payroll Accounting
- Trust Accounting
- Banking & Investment Policies & Procedures
- Financing & Leasing in Accounting
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Budgeting & Model Building
- Principles of Business Planning
- Business Development
- Overview of Project Management
- Introduction to Technology for Law Firms
- Law Office Facilities Management
- Workplace Health Issues
- Employee Hiring & Promotion
- Employee Compensation & Benefits
- Employee Training & Motivation
- Employee Performance Appraisal & Management
- Styles of Leadership
- Organizational Development & Management
- Association of Legal Administrators CLM Exam Flashcards