About This Chapter
Lesson Plans for Teachers - Summary & Learning Objectives
This chapter contains helpful articles that break down how lesson plans are developed. You'll have the chance to look more closely at several good lessons plans on a variety of subjects. After using the articles, you will know more about:
- Components of a lesson plan
- Creating lesson plans effectively
- Characteristics of a good lesson plan
Using the articles in this chapter gives you access to useful resources, which offer these benefits:
- They're useful: The articles give you helpful tools that can be used in the classroom.
- They're authoritative: Each article has been thoroughly researched, giving you accurate information that you can trust.
- They're relevant: All of the articles provide up-to-date information that will help you develop lesson plans correctly.
- They're accessible: Each one of the articles can be easily accessed online.
1. Color Wheel Lesson Plan
Boost your instruction on the color wheel with the help of a Study.com text lesson and a hands-on activity. For deeper exploration of the topic, supplementary activities and related lessons have been included.
2. Renaissance Lesson Plan
Are you seeking a one-stop shop for your instruction on the Renaissance? If so, this lesson plan has it all, including a full unit study with corresponding Study.com video lessons that can be easily broken down into short lessons, each with integrated activities that culminate in a mastery project. To stay on this path of enlightenment, consider our suggestions for supplementary activities and related lessons.
3. What Is History? - Lesson Plan
Set the stage for understanding basic historical concepts with this lesson plan geared towards covering the basics. Includes real examples for student understanding and an engaging activity to solidify concepts.
4. Timeline Lesson Plan
Boost your instruction on timelines with a demonstration and a personalized in-class activity. Take it a step further with optional extensions and related lessons.
5. Chinese New Year Lesson Plan
Use this Study.com lesson plan to teach students about the origins of Chinese New Year. Show students how to use a Chinese calendar, then get them involved in a fun activity with adjectives and Chinese signs and symbols.
6. Life Cycle of a Frog Lesson Plan
Use this Study.com lesson plan to teach your students about finding the main idea and supporting details in informational text. Then create a foldable to show the life cycle of a frog.
7. Telling Time Lesson Plan
Reinforce your Spanish language lesson on time with a fun and simple in-class activity. To take it a step further, this lesson includes suggestions for extensions and related lessons.
8. Time Management Lesson Plan
Sharpen your instruction on time management with the help of two engaging Study.com lessons and a powerful in-class activity. To take your instruction further, suggestions for related lessons and supplementary activities are included.
9. Volleyball Lesson Plan
Use this Study.com lesson plan to teach your students the five basic skills necessary to succeed in volleyball. Then set up stations that allow students to put these skills to practice.
10. Soccer Lesson Plan
If you're beginning a unit on soccer, use this lesson to give your students background information and explain the basic rules of the game. Get students excited about playing soccer by allowing students to 'teach' foundation knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Teaching Resources course
- Teacher Development & Certification Resources
- Online Credential Options for Teachers
- Common Core Standards by State
- Classroom Management Resources
- Curriculum Resources for Teachers
- Language Arts & Social Studies Educational Resources
- Math & Science Educational Resources
- Sample Rubrics for Teachers
- Praxis Test by State