About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering quotes by major characters in the Life of Pi will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the character quotes in this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing specific quotes from the main characters in Life of Pi
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Life of Pi Character Quotes chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Life of Pi Character Quotes chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about character quotes from Life of Pi for a standard English literature course. Topics covered include:
- Major quotes from the narrator in this novel
- Words spoken by Santosh
- Important quotes by Gita and Ravi Patel
- Key quotes by the Frenchman
- Quotes that describe Richard Parker
- Quotes about orange juice in the Life of Pi
1. Life of Pi Narrator Quotes
In this lesson, we explore the unique perspectives from which 'Life of Pi' is told. After exploring Yann Martel's author's note, we are introduced to Pi the adult, who tells his story. Each character plays an important role in establishing narrative perspective.
2. Life of Pi Santosh Quotes
Who would we be without our parents? In this lesson, we will learn a bit more about Pi Patel's father Santosh by taking a look at some of his quotes in Yann Martel's novel ''Life of Pi.''
3. Life of Pi Gita Quotes
If you are reading 'Life of Pi,' it may be challenging to perform an in-depth analysis of the characters other than Pi. Don't worry because in this lesson we will take a close look at Pi's mom, Gita, and examine her comments closely. Read on to get an inside view of her quotes.
4. Life of Pi Ravi Patel Quotes
If you are reading 'Life of Pi,' you may have noticed that Ravi has some pretty harsh words for the people around him. In this lesson we will look at some of Ravi's quotes and investigate what they say about Ravi. Read on to learn more.
5. Life of Pi Frenchman Quotes
In this lesson, we will discuss the character of the blind, castaway Frenchman in Yann Martel's ''Life of Pi'' by looking at some of his quotes from the novel.
6. Life of Pi Quotes About Richard Parker
One of the main characters in Yann Martel's 'Life of Pi' is the Bengal tiger Richard Parker. In this lesson, we'll go over significant quotes from the book that relate to the importance of Richard Parker's role in the story.
7. Quotes About Orange Juice in Life of Pi
In this lesson, you'll learn about Orange Juice, an animal character, in 'The Life of Pi.' We'll examine significant quotes that represent her importance to the narrator, Pi, and her role in the novel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life of Pi Study Guide course