About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your life-span development disorders homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your life-span development disorders homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Definition of life-span development disorders
- Childhood and adolescent development
- Abnormal development in children
- Autism disorders and Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Conduct and oppositional defiant disorders
- Learning disabilities and disorders
- Mental retardation
1. Lifespan Development Disorders: Definition and Perspectives
Everyone grows and changes throughout their life, but why do some people have developmental problems? In this lesson, we'll look at common lifespan development disorders and major theories about how people develop them.
2. Mental Health Development During Childhood and Adolescence
Some mental illnesses can show up at any point in a person's life, but some first occur during specific stages of lifespan development. In this lesson, we'll look closer at some disorders that appear in childhood, adolescence, and old age.
3. Developmental Abnormalities in Children: Effects & Impacts on Learning
Developmental abnormalities in children have an impact on their learning and social skills. Examine an example in this lesson that will help you learn about the importance of early intervention.
4. Behavioral Characteristics of Children with Asperger Syndrome
If you have never met a person with Asperger syndrome, you might wonder how they differ from you. In this lesson, we'll explore the behaviors common to people with Asperger and other autism spectrum disorders.
5. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Definition of ADHD
This lesson explores common characteristics of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as well as the best practices for teaching learners with this disorder.
6. Advanced Cognitive Development and Renzulli's Triad
In this lesson, we will explore advanced cognitive development in terms of a gifted child. We will also define what it means to be gifted and Joseph Renzulli's model of giftedness.
7. Oppositional Defiant Disorder & Conduct Disorder: Definitions, Causes & Treatments
Every child misbehaves sometimes, but what happens when someone acts out more than usual? In this lesson, we'll look at two behavior disorders: conduct disorder and oppositional defiant disorder.
8. Learning Disorders and Disabilities: Definition, Causes, Treatment and Diagnosis
Why do some students struggle to learn? What types of learning disabilities affect students? In this lesson, we'll look closely at three common learning disorders: dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalculia.
9. Intellectual Disabilities: Definition, Levels, Causes, Prevention & Treatment
People with intellectual disabilities have low IQs and problems with daily functioning. In this lesson, we'll examine the levels of intellectual disabilities as well as the causes and treatments of them.
10. What Are Learning Disorders? - Types & Causes
In this lesson you will learn about learning disorders and their cause. Following this lesson you will have an opportunity to test your knowledge with a short quiz.
11. What is Alzheimer's Disease? - Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
Sometimes referred to as 'old-timers,' the neurological disorder is a highly disruptive and debilitating disease that many find confusing, frustrating, and exhausting to deal with. In this lesson we'll review the causes, symptoms, and current treatment options.
12. What Is Autism? - Spectrum, Symptoms & Treatment
Studying Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) can help you understand how this disorder can be manifested on a spectrum. Explore Autism Spectrum Disorders in this lesson and test your understanding with a quiz.
13. What Is Dyscalculia? - Symptoms, Definition & Treatment
Dyscalculia refers to a learning disability in mathematics. It is listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) as a Mathematics Disorder under the Disorders Usually First Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood or Adolescence.
14. What Is Hyperactivity in ADHD? - Symptoms, Definition & Causes
This lesson describes what hyperactivity is in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD. It covers diagnosis and potential areas for treatment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Research Methods in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Clinical Research of Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- The Biological Model of Abnormality: Homework Help
- The Psychodynamic Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- The Behavioral/Learning Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- The Cognitive Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- Homework Help for the Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Sociocultural Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- The Diathesis-Stress Model: Homework Help
- Clinical Assessment: Homework Help
- Introduction to Anxiety Disorders: Homework Help
- Mood Disorders of Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Stress Disorders: Homework Help
- Somatoform Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Dissociative Disorders in Psychology: Homework Help
- Eating Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders: Homework Help
- Psychotic Disorders: Homework Help
- Substance Use Disorders: Homework Help
- Cognitive Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Personality Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Factitious Disorders: Homework Help
- Treatment in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help