About This Chapter
Lifecycles & Ecosystems - Chapter Summary
Our instructors help you get up to speed on ecosystems and lifecycles in these short, fun lessons. Topics covered include the lifecycles of animals and humans and the different kinds of ecosystems present in the world. You'll also learn about the food chain and how humans fit into it. After completing this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Compare the lifecyles of different mammals
- Describe the essential components of an ecosystem
- Identify conservation efforts used to protect living things
Study any time you want with our mobile-friendly learning tools. Each lesson is taught by an expert instructor and comes with a multiple-choice quiz. Use the quiz to see how well you understand lifecyle and ecosystem topics before you take a school exam. If you struggle with any of the topics, you can contact one of our instructors for help.
1. Animal Life Cycles: Lesson for Kids
What do humans, fish, and dragonflies have in common? They all go through a life cycle! Life cycles can be very different from animal to animal. This lesson describes the basic stages of life cycles, while noting some differences between animals.
2. Human Life Cycle Lesson for Kids
The steps of growth that all humans go through are called the human life cycle. In this lesson, we will learn more about the six different stages of the human life cycle: prenatal, baby, childhood, teenage, adulthood, and elderly.
3. Comparing Life Cycles of Mammals: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever thought about what you, elephants, and mice have in common, or not? In this lesson, you are going to learn about different types of mammals and their life cycles.
4. Ecosystems Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
This lesson focuses on ecosystems. We'll explore the importance of ecosystems and take a close look at the essential things that all living things need for survival.
5. Types of Ecosystems: Lesson for Kids
All over the world, different living and non-living things have special jobs they do to create a healthy, functioning role in their ecosystem. Come and learn about the different types of ecosystems and what it would be like to live in them.
6. Food Chain Lesson for Kids: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about simple food chains and how energy is passed from producers to consumers to decomposers. You will also learn how you fit into the food chain!
7. Protecting Living Things & the Environment: Lesson for Kids
The environment is like your home, so isn't it your job to take care of it? Of course it is! Come and learn why it's important to protect living things and the environment, as well as some dos and don'ts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ Science: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Living Things in Their Environment
- Overview of Plant Structure & Development
- Human & Animal Body Systems & Development
- Nutrition, Exercise & Personal Care
- Human Health Hazards
- Adaptation & Reproduction of Living Things
- Evolution & Inheritance
- Rocks & Soil Basics
- Basics of Light
- Forces & Magnets
- States of Matter Basics
- Sound & Hearing Basics
- Electricity Basics
- Properties of Materials
- Chemical Changes in Materials
- Overview of Earth & Space
- ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ Science Flashcards