About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP calculus work.
- Identify the limits concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP calculus tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about limits for AP calculus and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding one-sided limits, limit properties, squeeze theorem, limits for asymptotes and infinity or any other limits in AP calculus topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their limits in AP calculus unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP calculus
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about limits for AP calculus simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live calculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about limits on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define limits using graphs.
- Use notation to understand limits.
- Describe the relationship between one-sided limits and continuity.
- Learn how to find the limits of functions.
- Discuss the properties of limits.
- Understand the squeeze theorem.
- Define asymptotes and infinity.
1. Using a Graph to Define Limits
My mom always said I tested the limits of her patience. Use graphs to learn about limits in math. You won't get grounded as we approach limits in this lesson.
2. Understanding Limits: Using Notation
Join me on a road trip as we define the mathematical notation of limits. As time goes by and I traverse hills and highways, the limit of my speed changes. Learn how to write these limits in this lesson.
3. One-Sided Limits and Continuity
Over the river and through the woods is only fun on a continuous path. What happens when the path has a discontinuity? In this lesson, learn about the relationship between continuity and limits as we walk up and down this wildlife path.
4. How to Determine the Limits of Functions
You know the definition of a limit. You know the properties of limits. You can connect limits and continuity. Now use this knowledge to calculate the limits of complex functions in this lesson.
5. Understanding the Properties of Limits
Graphically we can see limits, but how do we actually calculate them? Three words: Divide and Conquer. In this lesson, explore some of the properties that we can use to find limits.
6. Squeeze Theorem: Definition and Examples
In the Kingdom of Rimonn there are three rivers. In this lesson, learn how these waterways demonstrate the power of the squeeze theorem for finding the limits of functions.
7. Graphs and Limits: Defining Asymptotes and Infinity
Infinity is a hard concept to understand and the word asymptote is pretty intimidating. But this fun lesson will make both seem like a walk in the park as it defines both and shows their relationship using a graph.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Tutoring Solution course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Exponentials and Logarithms in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents and Polynomials in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- AP Calculus - Derivatives Calculations & Rules: Tutoring Solution
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- AP Calculus - Graphing Derivatives & L'Hopital's Rule: Tutoring Solution
- AP Calculus - Integration: Tutoring Solution
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry and Trigonometry in AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution
- How to Use Scientific Calculators for AP Calculus: Tutoring Solution