About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other SAT math work.
- Identify the limits concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our SAT Mathematics Level 2 Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about limits to prepare for the subject test. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding limit notation, asymptotes, 1-sided limits, the squeeze theorem or any other limits topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves struggling to prepare for the SAT
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to excel on the SAT mathematics level 2 subject test
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about limits simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about limits on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discover how to define limits by using graphs.
- Define asymptotes and calculate limits.
- Explore the correlation between limits and continuity.
- Calculate the properties of limits as well as the limits of functions.
- Learn about the notation of limits.
- Use the squeeze theorem to find the limits of functions.
1. Using a Graph to Define Limits
My mom always said I tested the limits of her patience. Use graphs to learn about limits in math. You won't get grounded as we approach limits in this lesson.
2. Understanding Limits: Using Notation
Join me on a road trip as we define the mathematical notation of limits. As time goes by and I traverse hills and highways, the limit of my speed changes. Learn how to write these limits in this lesson.
3. One-Sided Limits and Continuity
Over the river and through the woods is only fun on a continuous path. What happens when the path has a discontinuity? In this lesson, learn about the relationship between continuity and limits as we walk up and down this wildlife path.
4. How to Determine the Limits of Functions
You know the definition of a limit. You know the properties of limits. You can connect limits and continuity. Now use this knowledge to calculate the limits of complex functions in this lesson.
5. Understanding the Properties of Limits
Graphically we can see limits, but how do we actually calculate them? Three words: Divide and Conquer. In this lesson, explore some of the properties that we can use to find limits.
6. Squeeze Theorem: Definition and Examples
In the Kingdom of Rimonn there are three rivers. In this lesson, learn how these waterways demonstrate the power of the squeeze theorem for finding the limits of functions.
7. Graphs and Limits: Defining Asymptotes and Infinity
Infinity is a hard concept to understand and the word asymptote is pretty intimidating. But this fun lesson will make both seem like a walk in the park as it defines both and shows their relationship using a graph.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Subject Test Mathematics Level 2: Tutoring Solution course
- SAT Math Level 2 Structure & Strategy: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Math Review: Tutoring Solution
- Square Roots: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors: Tutoring Solution
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomials in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Functions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Matrices: Tutoring Solution
- Sequences and Series in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Complex Numbers in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Overview of Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Data & Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- Logic: Tutoring Solution