About This Chapter
Lines in Geometry for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Learning geometry concepts can be challenging for elementary school students. This chapter aims to simplify the process by providing access to lessons that explore lines in geometry. Topics covered include the boundary line in math, concurrent lines, perpendicular lines and more. Within the lessons, your student can review comprehensive definitions and examples to fully comprehend this subject area. When ready, short lesson quizzes and a chapter exam are available to gauge your student's comprehension of these concepts. Experts can also be reached to answer any questions about lesson topics your student doesn't understand.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with lines in geometry will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about lines in geometry.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the boundary line, perpendicular lines and other lines in geometry
- Students with learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about lines in geometry
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about lines in geometry
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover lines in geometry topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Review the lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about lines in geometry.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands lines in geometry by completing the Lines in Geometry for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. What is a Boundary Line in Math? - Definition & Examples
Boundary lines in math can relate to shapes or areas on an inequality graph. This lesson reviews the definition of boundary lines and gives examples of boundary lines for both shapes and inequality graphs.
2. What Are Concurrent Lines? - Definition & Examples
Lines that all meet at a point have a very special name. The point where all of those lines meet also has a special name. In this lesson we'll learn all about concurrent lines and how they intersect.
3. Perpendicular Lines Lesson for Kids: Definition & Examples
There are different directions lines can go. They can be up, down, sideways, and at an angle. Sometimes lines will meet or cross each other. In this lesson, we'll look at perpendicular lines.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.