About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering 11th grade English material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn 11th grade English. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding performance art or working with written responses to other art forms
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning 11th grade English (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about listening and viewing in 11th grade
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra English learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Listening and Viewing in 11th Grade chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Listening and Viewing in 11th Grade chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any listening and viewing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Listening and Viewing unit of a standard 11th grade English course. Topics covered include:
- Finding meaning in visual media
- Experiencing and interpreting the arts
- Understanding performance art
- Listening for meaning
- Strategies for effective discussion
1. Finding Meaning in Visual Media: Strategies & Examples
You know how to read a book. But do you know how to 'read' a painting? In this lesson, you'll get some strategies for interpreting visual media like painting, sculpture, and photography.
2. Experiencing and Interpreting the Arts: Looking at Process & Product
In this lesson, we'll consider how your knowledge of art can help you better understand and enjoy it. We'll look at the way that an interpretation of art depends on knowing its context and the process behind it.
3. Understanding Performance Art: Finding the Thesis, Narrative & Meaning
Learn how to 'read' a performance the same way you would read a book or story. In this lesson, we'll discuss strategies for identifying thesis, narrative, and meaning in the performing arts.
4. How to Write in Response to Other Art Forms
In this lesson, we'll look at the similarities and differences between writing about literature and writing about other art forms. We'll consider some of the qualities of good responses and some approaches to take when writing a response.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 11th Grade English: Help and Review course
- 11th Grade Literary Terms, Theory, and Analysis: Help and Review
- Anglo Saxon and Medieval Literature - 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature - 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Gothic and Romantic Literature - 11th Grade: Help and Review
- 19th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Help and Review
- 20th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Help and Review
- African American Writers - 11th Grade: Help and Review
- 11th Grade Contemporary Literature: Help and Review
- Drama for 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Interpreting Literature for 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Literary Terms for 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Basics of Writing Essays in 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Reading and Understanding Essays in 11th Grade: Help and Review
- Using Source Materials - 11th Grade English: Help and Review
- Conventions in 11th Grade Writing - Usage: Help and Review
- Elements of 11th Grade Grammar: Help and Review
- 11th Grade Grammar Usage: Help and Review
- Punctuation in 11th Grade Writing: Help and Review