About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your 11th grade listening and viewing homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your 11th grade listening and viewing homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Finding meaning in visual media
- Experiencing and interpreting the arts
- Understanding performance art
- Writing responses to other art forms
- Speaking and listening effectively
1. Finding Meaning in Visual Media: Strategies & Examples
You know how to read a book. But do you know how to 'read' a painting? In this lesson, you'll get some strategies for interpreting visual media like painting, sculpture, and photography.
2. Experiencing and Interpreting the Arts: Looking at Process & Product
In this lesson, we'll consider how your knowledge of art can help you better understand and enjoy it. We'll look at the way that an interpretation of art depends on knowing its context and the process behind it.
3. Understanding Performance Art: Finding the Thesis, Narrative & Meaning
Learn how to 'read' a performance the same way you would read a book or story. In this lesson, we'll discuss strategies for identifying thesis, narrative, and meaning in the performing arts.
4. How to Write in Response to Other Art Forms
In this lesson, we'll look at the similarities and differences between writing about literature and writing about other art forms. We'll consider some of the qualities of good responses and some approaches to take when writing a response.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 11th Grade English: Homework Help Resource course
- 11th Grade Literary Terms, Theory, and Analysis: Homework Help
- Anglo Saxon and Medieval Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Gothic and Romantic Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- 19th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- 20th Century Literature - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- African American Writers - 11th Grade: Homework Help
- 11th Grade Contemporary Literature: Homework Help
- Drama for 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Interpreting Literature for 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Literary Terms for 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Basics of Writing Essays in 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Reading and Understanding Essays in 11th Grade: Homework Help
- Using Source Materials - 11th Grade English: Homework Help
- Conventions in 11th Grade Writing - Usage: Homework Help
- Elements of 11th Grade Grammar: Homework Help
- 11th Grade Grammar Usage: Homework Help
- Punctuation in 11th Grade Writing: Homework Help