About This Chapter
Listing Agreements & Property Management - Chapter Summary
In this self-paced chapter are a series of entertaining lessons you can study at your convenience to gain greater insight into listing agreements and property management. Developed by expert instructors, the lessons examine buyer representation agreements, tenant rights, and much more. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be prepared to:
- Define and describe types of listing agreements
- Explain the purpose and importance of a multiple listing service (MLS)
- Identify and discuss types of buyer representation agreements
- Offer a description of property management
- Discuss the role property management plays in real estate
- Provide an overview of tenant rights and responsibilities
- Outline the typical eviction process
This chapter is fully accessible 24 hours a day using any computer, smartphone or tablet. This flexibility allows you to study whenever and wherever your schedule permits. Navigate the lessons in any order and at the pace you choose, and take accompanying quizzes when ready to test your knowledge of primary concepts. Before taking your test, use our practice exam to confirm your understanding of all lessons in this chapter.
1. Listing Agreements: Definition & Types
People seeking to sell real estate through a real estate agent need to understand their listing agreement. In this lesson, you'll learn what a listing agreement is and the different types that may be used. A short quiz follows the lesson.
2. Multiple Listing Service (MLS): Definition, Purpose & Importance
In this lesson, we'll discuss what a multiple listing service (MLS) is and how it works with buying, selling and marketing real estate in today's market.
3. Buyer Representation Agreement: Definition, Purpose & Types
In this lesson, we'll discuss the types and characteristics of buyer representation agreements. By the end, you will better understand how the contract works and what it does for the buyer and real estate agent.
4. Property Management: Overview & Role
A professional or a business that deal with the day to day responsibility of real estate is called a property manager. In this lesson, we will explore the role of a property manager in real estate.
5. The Role of Property Management in Real Estate
In this lesson, you'll learn about the role of property management in real estate and the obligations, duties, and liabilities of both the property manager and the owner. You'll also learn how to calculate a property management fee.
6. Tenant Rights & Responsibilities
Tenants enjoy a number of rights and responsibilities when they lease a property. Let's look at some of these common entitlements and obligations to see what tenants can legally expect when working with their landlords.
7. The Typical Eviction Process
Landlords occasionally have to compel a tenant to vacate a building. This lesson will discuss a typical eviction procedure as well the tactic of 'constructive eviction'. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Indiana Real Estate Broker Exam Study Guide course
- Introduction to Real Property
- Public & Private Land-Use Control
- Estate Ownership, Rights & Interest
- Deeds & Property Transfers
- Property Titles
- Property Value & Appraisal
- Introduction to Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate Agencies & Agency Relationships
- Fair Housing & Consumer Protection
- Risk Management in Real Estate
- Property Disclosures
- Introduction to Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Lender Requirements
- Federal Real Estate Financing Regulations
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Investments
- Indiana Real Estate Commission & Licensing
- Indiana Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Business Procedures
- Indiana Real Estate Broker Exam Study Guide Flashcards