About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering livestock production material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about livestock production management. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding livestock care and management
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning animal science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the course to review all key topics
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Livestock Production Management chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this course cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Livestock Production Management chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any animal science question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about livestock production management for a standard animal science course. Topics covered include:
- Feeding and managing beef and dairy cattle
- Types and biology of swine
- Basic ruminant biology and feed
- Equine care and equipment
- Poultry facilities and operations
1. How to Feed & Manage Beef Cattle
This lesson introduces you to beef cattle operations and what it entails in terms of feeding and managing the cattle. We'll also cover basic concepts related to bovine biology and reproduction.
2. How to Feed & Manage Dairy Cattle
This lesson will provide a brief overview and introduction to the business of feeding and managing dairy cattle. We'll explore what facilities and equipment should be considered and what to feed dairy cows. We'll also look at basic cow biology.
3. How to Feed & Manage Swine
Not all farm animals are created equal. Swine are quite different in many ways from cows or goats. This lesson explains how some of them are raised, how they differ from other farm animals, and some important nutritional considerations.
4. How to Feed & Manage Sheep & Goats
Sheep and goats are some of our most important farm animals. This lesson goes over the fundamental of how they are raised, nutritional considerations, and other important topics.
5. How to Feed & Manage Horses
Horses are very complex animals that require diligent care from their owners. This lesson goes over the various operations horses can be found in, some nutritional considerations, and the basics of equine reproduction.
6. How to Feed & Manage Poultry
Have you ever wondered more about poultry such as the basics of what they can be fed, or how they can be raised? This lesson covers the fundamentals of poultry, their nutrition, and reproduction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.