About This Chapter
Logistics & Insurance in Business - Chapter Summary
These helpful lessons outline some of the common weak spots in the supply chain, including distribution, transportation and procurement. You'll also study warehouse management systems, which are used to help companies keep track of their inventory while it waits in the warehouse. After completing this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses in supply chain transportation
- Detail some of the kinds of business insurance available
- Identify the most common method of risk management in business
Even the toughest concepts are made easy with this helpful chapter. Professionally designed text and video lessons explain the most important topics and are accompanied by multiple-choice quizzes you can use to test your comprehension. If you need to go back and review a topic from one of the videos, skip ahead using the video tabs feature rather than watch the whole video over again.
1. Supply Chain Modes of Transportation: Strengths & Weaknesses
Supply chain managers are spoiled for choice when it comes to moving goods around. However, not all modes are created equal. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the most common forms of transportation and their strengths and weaknesses.
2. How Procurement, Transportation & Distribution Affect the Supply Chain
Even the best-planned supply chains are vulnerable to changes in procurement, transportation, and distribution. In this lesson, we look at how each of those can wreak havoc on your supply chain.
3. Warehouse Management Systems: Types & Benefits
For many companies, goods sit in warehouses before they are sold. In this lesson, we'll look at how companies keep track of their inventory in warehouses using warehouse management systems.
4. Insurance for Businesses: Uses & Importance
The lesson will discuss why insurance for businesses should be considered a necessity. We'll also talk about various types of business insurances, such as property insurance, liability insurance, and worker's compensation.
5. Understanding Insurance Policies and Risk Management
Obtaining insurance is one of the most common methods of risk management. In this lesson, you'll learn about insurance policies and some key concepts related to insurance. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Commercial Organization in India
- Functions of a Commercial Organization
- Communication in a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Banking in India
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Business Marketing in India
- Human Resources in India
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards