About This Chapter
Louisiana Bridges - Chapter Summary
This chapter makes the process of studying important bridges in Louisiana fun and convenient. Enjoy quick and easy access to a variety of entertaining lessons designed to improve your knowledge of the history of Louisiana bridges and how they were constructed. Multiple-choice quizzes and a practice exam can test your comprehension of the bridges. Our Dashboard lets you track your progress and send lesson-related questions to our experts. Enjoy 24/7 access to these resources using any computer or mobile device. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discuss the history and construction of the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge
- Explain the history of the Causeway Bridge and describe its construction
- Share facts about the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway and explain how it was constructed
1. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge: History, Construction & Facts
Have you ever driven on a bridge that passes by treetops? You would if you were traveling along I-10 in the heart of Louisiana. In this lesson, we'll explore some of the history, construction, and facts of the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge.
2. Causeway Bridge: Construction, History & Facts
The Causeway Bridge holds a very important place in the record books and the history of modern construction. In this lesson, we'll look at both and see why it deserves this important place.
3. Lake Pontchartrain Causeway: Construction & Facts
Have you ever driven across a bridge and realized while you were on it that you could no longer see land? In this lesson, explore the building of the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Bridge in Louisiana.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Architectural Structures Study Guide course
- Architecture of Famous Mosques
- Architecture & Temples of Asia
- Architecture of Theaters & Opera Houses
- Architecture of Cities
- Bridges of the United States
- Bridges of the World
- Notable US Sights
- Garden Designs & History
- Famous Architectural Works
- Architectural Structures in Spain
- Bridges in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Bridges in the South Atlantic States
- California Architectural Structures
- Canadian Bridges
- European Bridges
- Italian Architectural Structures
- Massachusetts Bridges
- New York Architectural Structures
- Oregon Bridges
- Architecture & Design of Famous Churches & Cathedrals
- Architecure & Design of Famous Castles
- The Great Wall of China