About This Chapter
Magnets for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This useful elementary-level physics chapter covers basic magnet topics. Young students can work through this series of short and informative lessons to study the properties, uses and production of magnets. The chapter also includes interactive lesson quizzes and a chapter exam to help your students remember important magnet concepts.
- The process of making magnets
- Magnet properties
- How magnets are used
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about magnets will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about magnets.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about magnets
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about magnets
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about physics (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about magnets
- Students who struggle to understand their physics teachers
- Students who attend schools without physics resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the magnet topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about magnets.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands facts about magnets by completing the Magnets for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. How Are Magnets Made? - Lesson for Kids
Magnets are fun, useful and amazing tools that are used in a variety of ways. Have you ever wondered how magnets are made? Continue reading to discover fascinating facts about how magnets are made.
2. Properties of Magnets: Lesson for Kids
Magnets are very useful tools that we use every day without even realizing it. All magnets have certain scientific properties. Here you will learn about the three main properties of magnets.
3. Common Uses of Magnets: Lesson for Kids
Magnets are in many things we use everyday. They are all around us and sometimes we can't even see them. This lesson describes some common uses of magnets.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.