About This Chapter
Major Revolutions Around the World - Chapter Summary
While going through these lessons, you can improve your knowledge of major revolutions around the world. For example, you can get a better understanding of the historical context of revolutions during the 18th century. This self-paced chapter can also help you understand the roles of L'Ouverture, Hidalgo, and Bolivar in Latin America during the 19th century. After reviewing the lessons, you should be ready to:
- Discuss causes and effects of major revolutions around the world during the 18th century
- Explain the historical context of major revolutions during the 19th century
- Recall Latin-American revolutions during the 19th century
This entertaining chapter will make it fun to learn about major revolutions around the world. A brief quiz will test your knowledge of each lesson, and the quizzes can be printed for use as a helpful study tool. You can also use your personal Dashboard to keep track of your quiz results and the lessons you've completed.
1. Major Revolutions Around the World During the 1700s
In this lesson, we will look at some of the important revolutions that took place during the 18th century. We will review the causes and effects of these revolutions, and place them in historical context.
2. Major Revolutions Around the World in the 1800s
In this lesson we will examine some of the important revolutions that took place during the 19th century. We will highlight key developments and place these revolutions in historical context.
3. Independence Movements in Latin America: Examples & Impact
This lesson will explore the 19th century Latin American revolutions. In doing so, it will highlight the roles L'Ouverture, Hidalgo, and Bolivar played in bringing freedom to Haiti, Mexico, and South America.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT World History: Help and Review course
- History of the Ancient Near East
- History of Ancient Greece
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement
- The Rise of the Roman Republic
- The Fall of the Roman Empire
- The Dark Ages
- The Early Middle Ages
- The Medieval Warm Period
- The High Middle Ages
- The Late Middle Ages
- The Renaissance
- The Age of Exploration
- The Reformation
- The Elizabethan Era
- Absolutism and Constitutionalism in Western Europe (1648-1715)
- The Scientific Revolution & the Enlightenment (1500-1790)
- Industrialization (1700-1900)
- Overview of World War I
- Overview of World War II
- Western Civilization Post-1945
- Ancient India & China
- Natural Resources Around the World
- Current Environmental Problems
- Comparison of Political Systems
- Law-Making Processes & U.S. Foreign Policy