About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other life science work.
- Identify the mammal reproduction and development concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Middle School Life Science Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about mammal reproduction and development and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding female and male reproductive systems, the nutritional benefits of the placenta or any other mammal reproduction and development topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning about science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their mammal reproduction and development unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in middle school life science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about mammal reproduction and development simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about mammal reproduction and development on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Examine animal reproduction and development
- Identify the primary germ layers
- List the components of the male reproductive system
- Learn about the internal female reproductive anatomy and its functions
- Discuss the processes by which the placenta transfers nutrients to a fetus
1. Overview of Animal Reproduction and Development
At this stage in life, you likely know where babies come from. However, did you know that some animals can make clones of themselves and reproduce sexually too? In this lesson, you'll learn more about sexual reproduction and early vertebrate development.
2. Male Reproductive System: External Anatomy
Learn about the structure and function of the external reproductive structures of the male. This includes study of the scrotal sac, the parts of the penis and the erectile tissues.
3. Female Reproductive System: Internal Anatomy
Ever wonder where a female produces her eggs or how they get from the ovary to the uterus? Find out in this lesson about the internal reproductive anatomy of females.
4. What is an Owl Pellet? - Facts, Dissection & Lab
An owl pellet can tell us a great deal about the diet and digestion of an owl and the structure of owl prey. In this lesson, we'll cover all the basic owl pellet facts and conduct a dissection lab with step-by-step instructions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School Life Science: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Life Science: Tutoring Solution
- Characteristics & Chemicals of Life: Tutoring Solution
- The Parts of Cells: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Replication & Mutation: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Division & the Cell Cycle: Tutoring Solution
- How Living Organisms Get Energy: Tutoring Solution
- Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- The Origin & History of Life On Earth: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics & Hereditary Traits: Tutoring Solution
- Genetic Engineering Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Natural Selection & Evolution in Life Science: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology & Types of Microbes: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Types of Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Changing Ecosystems: Tutoring Solution
- Invertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Behavior & Communication: Tutoring Solution
- The Cardiovascular System: Tutoring Solution
- The Blood Vessels: Tutoring Solution
- The Digestive System: Tutoring Solution
- The Urinary & Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- The Muscular System: Tutoring Solution
- The Skeletal System & Connective Tissue: Tutoring Solution
- Sight, Hearing & Other Senses: Tutoring Solution
- Health Issues & Concerns: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Biology & Structure: Tutoring Solution
- How Plants Grow & Reproduce: Tutoring Solution
- Environmental Concerns: Tutoring Solution
- Natural Resources: Tutoring Solution