About This Chapter
Management in Marketing - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to improve your understanding of management in marketing. Take a look at the definition and measurement of productive efficiency, improving marketing and customer acquisition using CRM, and other lesson information, like:
- Principles and roles in management
- Financial marketing, human resources and manufacturing application of management information systems
- Performance management system development
- Productivity, production and competitiveness
- Definition and selection of a marketing CRM
- Development activities for marketing pros
We provide text and video lessons, each with an accompanying quiz to test your grasp of the lesson material. Submit any questions you have to a Study.com expert.
1. Management Roles and Principles
Managers serve important roles in organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the key roles management plays in an organization and fundamental principles that management follows. A short quiz follows.
2. Supervisory Skills: Types and Importance
Supervising employees or tasks is not a simple matter. Supervisors need a certain set of skills in order to accomplish their jobs efficiently and effectively. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these core skills. A short quiz follows.
3. Management Information Systems (MIS): Manager Decision-Making Tools
Management information systems help managers make effective decisions to support ongoing operations within an organization. Learn about the types of reports produced by an MIS.
4. Applications of Management Information Systems (MIS): Financial, Marketing, Manufacturing & Human Resources
Management Information Systems are typically organized around the functional areas of an organization. Learn about some of the most common applications of Management Information Systems.
5. How to Develop a Performance Management System
In this lesson, we'll learn about performance management systems. We'll define the term and then look specifically at how a company might develop its own performance management system.
6. Production, Productivity & Competitiveness
Do you know the difference between production and productivity? In this lesson, we will discuss production, productivity, and competitiveness, and the critical variables that enhance productivity.
7. Productive Efficiency: Definition & Measurement
In this lesson we will look at productive efficiency. We will define the term, and look at how it is often measured. The lesson will then be concluded with a summary and a quiz.
8. Creating and Sustaining Organizational Culture
In this lesson, you will learn how culture is created and sustained in organizations and why it is important for organizations to create and sustain a successful culture in order to succeed in their environment.
9. Using CRM to Improve Marketing & Customer Acquisition
This lesson will discuss customer relationship management. You'll learn how to use customer relationship management to enhance marketing strategies and expand customer base.
10. Selecting a CRM for Marketing: Definition & Selection
Are you considering selecting a CRM? There are some important factors to consider when choosing a CRM program. Use the suggestions in this lesson to make good decisions about your new system.
11. Professional Development Activities for Marketing Professionals
Marketing is a competitive industry that forces current professionals to adapt quickly. To stay ahead of the pack, professionals should invest in opportunities to develop and strengthen their skill set. In this lesson, we'll discuss four development strategies marketing professionals can use to grow their careers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards