About This Chapter
Management Planning & Strategic Analysis - Chapter Summary
Our interesting chapter on management planning and strategic analysis is designed to help you do your best on test day or catch up in class. Just a few of the subjects presented here include the process involved in benchmarking and strategies for improving organizational culture. After finishing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define strategic change management
- Outline the tools used in gap analysis
- Discuss root cause analysis methods
- Give an example of job safety analysis
- Explain the process of fault-tree analysis
- Identify the methodology used in business continuity planning
- Detail the importance of contingency planning in business
Our learning materials are intended to take the stress out of your test preparations and planning. The simple lessons and helpful multiple-choice quizzes outline the topics you'll want to know for exam day. All of these materials are self-paced, so you can take your time as you move through the chapter. Help from an instructor is available if you need assistance with any of these subjects.
1. How to Measure Performance in Business: Tools & Examples
How can you measure performance in your business, and why would you want to do so? In this lesson we'll discuss common tools for performance measurement, why you'd use them, and what to do with the results.
2. What is Benchmarking? - Definition, Types, Process & Examples
Companies use benchmarking as a way to compare key metrics to other businesses in the industry. This allows companies to see how well they are performing and identify ways they can become more competitive in the industry. In this lesson, we will look at the different types of benchmarking, the stages of benchmarking, and a real world example.
3. Strategies for Improving Organizational Culture
Organizational or corporate culture means a lot of different things depending on who you ask, but we all pretty much know when we're in a place we like or don't like. In this lesson, we'll examine how an organization can improve its culture.
4. What Is Strategic Change Management? - Definition, Models & Examples
In this lesson, we'll be looking at strategic change management, which is a process of managing a change within an organization or company. We'll also look at the various models of strategic change management. Afterwards, you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
5. System Safety Analysis Techniques
Certified safety professionals use a variety of techniques to assess work environments for possible hazards and risks to worker safety. These system safety analysis techniques provide a structured approach to workplace safety and allow employers to ensure the safety of their workers.
6. Gap Analysis: Definition & Tools
In this lesson, you'll find out about gap analysis and how businesses and other organizations use it. You'll also follow the four steps of the gap analysis process from start to finish and learn about two tools used in business analysis.
7. What Is Business Continuity Planning? - Definition & Methodology
Is your business ready for a disaster? Read on to learn what business continuity planning is, why companies do it, and how to implement and manage a continuity plan for your business.
8. What Is Contingency Planning in Business? - Definition, Example & Importance
Every business is impacted by events, and a poor response to those events could, in extreme cases, result in the loss of the business. Learn what contingency planning is and why we do it, and explore the process for implementing it at your company.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Safety Professional (CSP): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- Core Concepts in Anatomy
- Fundamental Concepts in Chemistry
- Overview of Physics Concepts
- Microbiology for Safety Professionals
- Mathematical Concepts Overview
- Statistics for Interpreting Data
- Principles of Research Methodology
- Management Systems for Safety Professionals
- Organizational Leadership & Management Theories
- Motivation, Discipline & Communication in the Workplace
- Fundamental Concepts in Project Management
- Budgeting & Finance for Safety Professionals
- Principles of Risk Management for Safety Professionals
- Safety Management for Safety Professionals
- Workplace Hazards & Protective Equipment
- Emergency Preparedness & Security for Safety Professionals
- Occupational Health & Ergonomics
- Environmental Management Systems for Safety Professionals
- Workplace Training & Education
- Law & Ethics for Safety Professionals