About This Chapter
Managing Business Relationships - About This Chapter
From the first impression through the last, corporate employees must work hard to earn and maintain the trust of their business associates. These lessons teach employees what to do and what not to do when building business relationships. Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Tips for workplace success
- Mistakes to avoid in business relationships
- Ways to build and maintain quality relationships in the corporate world
These corporate training lessons provide a convenient, time-effective approach to training your busy employees. Each lesson is about 5 minutes long and can be watched in the office or on-the-go on a laptop or mobile device. Quizzes and a chapter exam offer a quick way to assess employees' comprehension of lesson materials.
How It Helps
- Raises awareness of workplace culture: By watching these lessons, employees will become more cognizant of the importance of responsible and dependable behavior to set the groundwork for developing positive working relationships.
- Teaches pitfall avoidance: The lessons in this chapter help employees understand the lasting consequences some mistakes can have on business relationships and the actions they can take to avoid making these errors.
- Emphasizes effective interpersonal relationships: Employees will discover the long-lasting benefits of building business relationships based on trust and integrity.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Describe the unwritten rules for thriving in the corporate world
- Identify the not-so-obvious mistakes people can make while building business relationships
- Understand that effective business relationships are built on quality work performance, generosity and reliability
1. Tips for Succeeding in the Corporate World
You are ready to jump into the corporate world, but are unsure of what you need to do to be successful. Use the tips in this lesson to increase your chances of success at work.
2. Mistakes to Avoid When Building Business Relationships
Business relationships can be very rewarding if you do the right things. Learn the steps to avoid mistakes when building business relationships and build greater trust from others.
3. Practical Application: Avoiding Mistakes When Building Business Relationships
Knowing the mistakes to avoid when building business relationships can help you achieve your goals. Read a scenario about someone making just these mistakes and try your skills at analyzing and identifying some of them.
4. Strategies for Maintaining Business Relationships
You want to move ahead in your career but aren't sure where to start. Business relationships are important to your success. By learning and implementing these steps, you can improve your relationships.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.