About This Chapter
Managing Delegation - Chapter Summary
This corporate training chapter can quickly show your company's supervisors how to effectively manage delegated tasks. As your supervisors work through they chapter, they'll learn methods for monitoring delegated tasks, influencing employees, improving the delegation process and more.
To help your supervisors solidify their understanding of these concepts, we've included short quizzes and a chapter exam. The chapter is accessible at any time, and your supervisors will be able to study on any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps supervisors become more aware of the ways in which managers can positively influence employees and monitor task progress.
- Improves delegation skills: Supervisors will be able to apply the chapter's methods to improve the delegation process.
- Boosts feedback abilities: Lessons offer insight into delegation feedback strategies.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Monitor the progress of their employees' delegated tasks
- Positively influence employees
- Give/receive feedback regarding delegation
- Use feedback to improve the delegation process
1. Monitoring Progress of Delegated Tasks
If you delegate a task and lose track of its progress, you're missing a critical step in the delegation process. In this lesson, you'll learn strategies for monitoring the progress of tasks delegated to employees.
2. How Managers Can Positively Influence Employees
Managers have a significant influence on employees' experiences at work. In this lesson, learn specific strategies managers can employ to positively influence their direct reports.
3. Giving & Receiving Feedback Regarding Delegation
Giving and receiving constructive feedback during delegation can be hard but necessary for improving job performance. This lesson reviews how to provide and respond to constructive feedback on tasks that don't go as planned.
4. Improving the Delegation Process with Feedback
Feedback is an essential part of the delegation process as it provides managers the opportunity to improve their ability to effectively delegate. This lesson reviews how feedback can be implemented to improve the delegation process.
5. Using the Eisenhower Decision Matrix to Prioritize Tasks
If you need a little help prioritizing your tasks, how about turning to the nation's 34th president? In this lesson, you'll learn more about the Eisenhower Decision Matrix and how to use it to prioritize your tasks.
6. Practical Application: Effective Delegation Scenarios
In this guide, you will apply your knowledge of delegation, the act of passing down authority, to hypothetical scenarios, as well as apply this to your current employment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.