About This Chapter
Managing Employee Relations - Chapter Summary
In this corporate training chapter, our expert instructors go over the process of managing employee relations for your leaders and supervisors to review. Short video lessons cover the importance of a healthy employer-employee relationship, ways of developing trust between employees and managers, and the definition of positive feedback. Professionals have created these lessons, so you can feel confident your teams are learning accurate information.
How It Helps
- Promotes leadership skills: The importance of strong leaders and the steps required to become such are laid out to ensure your leadership and supervisory teams understand what their job responsibilities are.
- Encourages new leaders: Although this chapter is useful for experienced managers and leaders, new supervisors will find this information to be useful and confidence-boosting.
- Builds cohesive teams: Employees who feel valued, trusted and capable of freely communicating with their employers and supervisors are happier team members.
Our corporate training chapter is designed to enable your supervisors to achieve the following goals:
- Define the concept of employee relations
- Understand the importance of a healthy employer-employee relationship
- Develop trust between employees and managers
- Manage relationships with employees
- Outline strategies for valuing all team members
- Encourage team member feedback and communication
- Provide a definition and examples of positive feedback
1. What Is Employee Relations? - Definition & Concept
Happy employees are productive employees. Successful businesses know how to manage relationships to build lasting employee satisfaction. Learn the meaning of employee relations and understand the essential elements of an effective employee relations program.
2. The Importance of a Healthy Employer-Employee Relationship
In this lesson, you'll learn why it's important for a company to prioritize building good relationships between employers and employees. You'll also explore the benefits that go along with those relationships.
3. Developing Trust Between Managers & Employees
Trust between employees and managers is essential in every workplace. In this lesson, we'll discuss ways to build trusting relationships between you, managers, and your employees to create a harmonious and productive workplace culture.
4. Managing Relationships with Employees
Emotional intelligence is a soft skill that can't be taught, but the absence of it can be devastating to morale. This lesson provides practical tips for displaying emotionally intelligence in the workplace.
5. Strategies for Valuing All Employees
Read this lesson to learn what strategies you can use to help all your employees treat each other with respect. These strategies will show that you value all your employees no matter their age.
6. Encouraging Team Member Communication & Feedback
Communication and feedback are two important tools in the workplace. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how to encourage team members to contribute in these two areas by implementing a few simple strategies.
7. Positive Feedback: Definition & Examples
Do you like feeling appreciated? Is it important to be recognized when you've contributed to a project at work? Providing positive feedback is an important part of being a good leader. This lesson explains how to effectively implement positive feedback.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.