About This Chapter
Managing Employee Stress in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
This convenient online corporate training chapter is designed to train managers in employee stress management. These short and engaging lessons can help your managers quickly learn how to recognize and respond to employee stress in the workplace. They'll also take a look at concepts like stress risk assessment, organizational stress management and stress-related intervention.
Managers can access the chapter at any time, and we've included short quizzes to help them reinforce their understanding of the lesson topics. Our expert business instructors are also happy to answer any questions your managers may have about the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter is designed to establish an awareness of stress symptoms, interventions and risk assessment.
- Strengthens managerial skills: Supervisors can apply the chapter's strategies to become better at employee stress management.
- Improves employee performance: The included stress management techniques can help employees become less stressed and more productive at work.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Identify symptoms of stress
- Describe the purpose of organizational stress management
- Evaluate strategies for responding to employee stress
- Manage individual cases of workplace stress
- Recognize the steps of stress risk assessment
- Utilize individual and organizational techniques/methods for stress management
- Develop work-related stress interventions
1. Identifying Stress as a Manager
Recognizing the symptoms of stress in employees is an important function of a manager. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how to identify stress and some common stress-related symptoms.
2. Stress Risk Assessment: Definition & Steps
A stress risk assessment is a tool to help identify and control threats that stressors present to employees. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this assessment and steps toward implementing it.
3. Stress Management: Individual and Organizational Techniques & Methods
Companies need to help employees learn how to manage their stress at work. Preventative stress management is a corporate philosophy that is concerned with eliminating stress and improving employee health. There are numerous organizational and individual techniques that can be used to help improve employee stress.
4. Developing Interventions for Work-Related Stress
You've identified a workplace stressor; now what? In this lesson, you'll learn more about the factors and types of workplace stress interventions and how to prepare, implement and monitor them for compliance and success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Reducing Stress for Supervisors course