About This Chapter
Managing & Improving Customer Relations - Chapter Summary
This chapter discusses important details about using CRM to help better customer relations for your company. When your employees go through it, they can learn about the following topics:
- Definition of CRM
- Focusing on customers with the use of CRM
- The definition and types of metrics
- The interpretation of customer service metrics
- Benefits of using customer relationship management
- Proactive customer service and care strategies
- Tools used to manage customer experience
- The definition of customer experience management
Your employees will have the opportunity to browse through different corporate training video lessons that show how customer relations can be enhanced, helping your company thrive.
How It Helps
- Nurtures success: When your employees learn how to use CRM, they can successfully retain relationships with customers.
- Teaches resourcefulness: After employees go through this chapter, they will learn how to use important tools and processes to help them manage the customer experience.
- Emphasizes proactive actions: This chapter stresses the importance of proactive actions, so employees don't end up with disgruntled customers.
At the end of this lesson, your employees will be capable of:
- Defining CRM
- Explaining the importance using CEM for businesses
- Understanding the correlation between company success and customer satisfaction
- Determining how customer service metrics can be improved
- Stating how proactive care strategies are put together
1. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
2. Benefits of Customer Experience Management (CEM)
This lesson will discuss customer experience management and the process between a customer and a company. We will review how it is important to improving customer satisfaction in call center customer service.
3. Customer Service Metrics: Definition & Types
In this lesson, we'll define customer service metrics and provide suggestions on how to set appropriate goals. We'll also discuss when to gather customer satisfaction data.
4. How to Interpret & Improve Customer Service Metrics
Every company now uses metrics to determine how they are doing in the customer's eyes. This lesson will discuss interpreting and improving customer service metrics.
5. Practical Application: Interpreting Customer Service Metrics
Customer service metrics are an important way to measure performance in a business-critical application. In this scenario, you'll interpret some metrics and recommend changes to improve customer service.
6. Adding Value Through Proactive Customer Service
This lesson will discuss the importance of being proactive in customer service and how it can bring added value to your company and create customer loyalty. Do you know what your customers need before they ask?
7. The Benefits of Creating a Unique Proactive Care Strategy
Imagine addressing problems before they are a problem. This lesson will discuss the benefits of using a proactive care strategy and how a unique strategy can maximize your results!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.