About This Chapter
Managing Large Retail Stores - Chapter Summary
In order to maximize employee productivity, retail HR personnel should make sure that employees have a thorough understanding of the intricacies of managing large retail stores. To this end, employees can review the text and video lessons included in this chapter for helpful and informative overviews of essential retail store management topics they will need to know. Some specific topics included in this chapter are:
- The definition and examples of company mission statements
- Promoting productivity through managerial skills
- The four functions of management
- The setup, layout and examples of large retail stores
- The definition and concept of niche strategy in marketing
- Personalizing customer service
Each lesson instructor will share his or her expertise with your employees in a convenient and easy-to-use online format. Your employees can also take the chapter's practice quizzes and final exam to ensure that they have accurately understood all of the chapter's main points.
How It Helps
- Defines concepts: These lessons will provide employees with definitions of the most important topics related to retail store management.
- Explains functions: By clearly explaining the different functions of management, these lessons will allow employees to better implement these skills in an actual management setting.
- Emphasizes customer service: Employees can go over these lessons to get helpful methods for improving customer service in a retail store setting.
Once employees have completed these lessons, they will be able to:
- Understand the essential skills for retail store management
- Implement the key functions of management
- Utilize effective marketing strategies
- Improve customer service in your own retail setting
1. Company Mission Statements: Definition & Examples
This lesson explains the role of a mission statement in an organization. Learn the definition of a mission statement, how they are created and how they are used.
2. Managerial Skills: How Good Managers Promote Productivity
This lesson will discuss the types of skills a manager needs, including technical, human, and conceptual skills. You'll learn how each of these skill sets impacts a manager's ability to effectively lead his or her employees.
3. Four Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Leading & Controlling
A person who holds a management position inside an organization is required to think strategically and conceptually in order to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will describe the four functions of management and how they relate to organizational success.
4. Large Retail Store: Setup, Layout & Examples
Opening a large retail store can be overwhelming. In this lesson, we will discuss how to set up before opening and how to design the layout of the store to help gain sales from consumers.
5. Various Types of Target Marketing Strategies
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn about the ways in which businesses can market themselves. You will see that different products and services require different form of marketing to be successful.
6. Niche Strategy in Marketing: Definition & Concept
While some companies want to conquer the world, some just want a piece of it. In this lesson, you'll learn about niche strategy in marketing. You'll examine the different guidelines for getting into niche marketing and look at an example.
7. How to Personalize Customer Service
This lesson will review basic social interactions, body language, and utilization of empathy with customers. The lesson will also discuss providing customer service that is personalized.
8. Business Buyers: New Buy, Modified Rebuy, Straight Rebuy
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must understand how a basic buying center works and the different types of rebuy situations.
9. Vendor-Managed Inventory: Benefits & Drawbacks
Some businesses keep their shelves stocked with a vendor-managed inventory. Both businesses and vendors benefit from this arrangement, but things can go wrong. Learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of vendor-managed inventory.
10. Types of Business Meetings: Formal & Informal
Meetings are definitely a part of the business culture that cannot be avoided. Some meetings you may look forward to, while others you may dread. Find out the differences between formal and informal meetings, and what you should expect from each.
11. What Is Business Analysis? - Process, Methods & Example
In this lesson, you will learn how companies use the concepts of business analysis to resolve problems and change business processes. We will also learn about specific methods and techniques that can be used when conducting a business analysis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.