About This Chapter
Managing Your Online Footprint - Chapter Summary
Our chapter contains lessons on managing your online footprint. Work through concepts related to personal websites and personal branding by leading a corporate workshop or introducing these lessons to your team members on an individual basis. To make sure these concepts have been understood, encourage the use of the short multiple-choice quizzes.
How It Helps
- Builds knowledge: Your employees will come away from this chapter understanding what an online presence can do and exactly what a digital footprint means.
- Offers strategies: After reviewing this chapter, your team members will have tips they can use to repair a damaged online reputation or create a personal website for professional purposes.
- Provides helpful information: Use this chapter to provide information about the importance of first impressions when it comes to personal branding.
This chapter has been designed to assist your employees in achieving these goals:
- Define digital footprint
- Build your own website
- Use an online presence to promote a personal brand
- Repair a damaged personal brand or reputation
1. Digital Footprint: Definition & Facts
In this lesson, we will be looking at what a digital footprint means, how it came to be, and how it is affecting us all. We will also look at the startling numbers of digital footprints per human based on data collected.
2. Creating a Personal Website for Professional Purposes
Maintaining a personal website for professional purposes is an effective way to promote or market your skills and experience. In this lesson, you'll learn more about a website's benefits and what to include on it.
3. Using an Online Presence for Personal Branding
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat: Most people today have an online presence. But how can you use that presence to communicate your personal brand? In this lesson, we'll answer this question.
4. How to Repair a Damaged Reputation & Personal Brand
Before the advent of social media, it used to be your personal brand was your reputation, based on word of mouth. Now things are more complex. In this lesson, we'll examine how to recover from a setback and strategies for rebuilding your image.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.