About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering marketing analytics and data material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn marketing analytics and data. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding marketing analytics and data
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning sales and marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about marketing analytics and data
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra sales and marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Marketing Analytics and Data chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Marketing Analytics and Data chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing analytics and data question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a marketing analytics and data unit of a standard sales and marketing course. Topics covered include:
- Marketing analytics and metrics
- Customer relationship management techniques and goals
- Defining the customer base
- Using marketing technology
- Data mining and data warehousing
- Structured versus unstructured data
- Finding customer value
- Technology's impact on marketing
1. Marketing Analytics & Metrics
In this lesson, we'll describe marketing analytics and metrics as well as predictive analytics and how these are used in today's marketing environment.
2. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
3. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
4. Goals & Objectives of Companies Using CRM
Companies that use customer relationship management (CRM) have a different point of view when it comes to their customers. They are customer focused and driven. This lesson will take a look at the goals and objectives of companies that use CRM.
5. Customer Base: Definition & Overview
A customer base is absolutely essential for business success. In this lesson, you'll learn about customer bases and important related concepts. A short quiz follows the lesson.
6. What is Customer Value? - Marketing & Definition
In this lesson, we will learn the meaning of customer value and discover how consumers use customer value to make buying decisions. We'll also learn why companies must establish and maintain a high customer value for their products and services.
7. Data Warehousing and Data Mining: Information for Business Intelligence
Collections of databases that work together are called data warehouses. This makes it possible to integrate data from multiple databases. Data mining is used to help individuals and organizations make better decisions.
8. Structured vs. Unstructured Data: Definition & Examples
In this lesson you will learn what structured and unstructured data are and how they are different. You will also see how both are used and see some examples of each type of data.
9. Technology's Impact on Marketing and Marketers
How does technology impact marketing and marketers? In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of technology, marketing and marketers and of how each one impacts the other.
10. What is Big Data? - Definition, Concepts & Uses
The concept of big data does is boundless and is used on a global scale. In this lesson, we'll define big data and discuss its factors and uses around the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sales and Marketing: Help & Review course
- Foundations of Sales & Marketing
- Ethical Sales & Marketing
- Sales & the Law
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- The Market Research Process
- Consumer & Business Marketing
- Segmentation and Product Marketing
- New Product Development & Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Distribution & Logistics
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Product Branding & Strategies
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Overview