About This Chapter
Marketing Analytics - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find a series of lessons about marketing analytics designed for use with your teams. They'll watch short videos about customer relationship management (CRM) and its connection to technology, as well as customer value. To help test knowledge before moving on, our lessons are accompanied by multiple-choice quizzes for quick assessment.
How It Helps
- Provides knowledge: This chapter ensures your employees fully understand important concepts like business analytics strategy and big data in marketing.
- Simplifies training: Even if your employees work different schedules at different locations, this mobile-friendly chapter can be used to train your entire team.
- Boosts confidence: Be sure your team members are capable of completing their job duties and fully understand the marketing analytics concepts associated with their positions by assigning this helpful chapter.
Once this chapter is completed, your teams should be able to:
- Detail marketing metrics and analytics
- Define business analytics and strategy
- Provide examples of big data in marketing
- Understand how to use CRM to focus on customers
- Outline the goals and objectives of companies using CRM
- Identify CRM marketing technology
- Provide the definition of customer value and how it's used in marketing
1. Marketing Analytics & Metrics
In this lesson, we'll describe marketing analytics and metrics as well as predictive analytics and how these are used in today's marketing environment.
2. What is Business Analytics? - Definition & Strategy
This lesson will introduce you to how data is used in business to help make decisions. We will define data analytics and look at some strategies businesses can use.
3. Big Data in Marketing: Analytics & Examples
If any part of a company wants to get its hands on big data, chances are it is the marketing department. In this lesson we see just how companies put big data to use.
4. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
5. Goals & Objectives of Companies Using CRM
Companies that use customer relationship management (CRM) have a different point of view when it comes to their customers. They are customer focused and driven. This lesson will take a look at the goals and objectives of companies that use CRM.
6. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
7. What is Customer Value? - Marketing & Definition
In this lesson, we will learn the meaning of customer value and discover how consumers use customer value to make buying decisions. We'll also learn why companies must establish and maintain a high customer value for their products and services.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Data Science for Marketing course