About This Chapter
Marketing Data Analysis Techniques - Chapter Summary
Here you will learn about marketing data analysis techniques. See demand forecasting by use of qualitative data, and predicting and estimating using categorical data. Examine other lesson subject matter, such as:
- Definition, uses and examples of a marketing audit
- Purpose and steps of data analysis
- Definition and tools of data analytics
- Categorical data for statistical analysis
These short lessons will make it easy for you to progress on these studies at a steady pace. From any location you can log in using your mobile device and complete a lesson or two. We provide a feature that allows you to submit questions directly to a Study.com expert.
1. Marketing Audit: Definition, Uses & Examples
A comprehensive audit is a crucial tool for assessing marketing goals and objectives. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the marketing audit, its components and how it is used.
2. Data Analysis: Purpose & Steps
In this lesson, the student will learn what is data analysis, the purpose of data analysis, and the steps to conduct a data analysis. Also in this lesson, the student will learn how to organize, interpret, and represent data.
3. Types of Data Analysis
In this lesson, we will learn about data analysis. We'll look at a few types of basic data analysis, and then venture into more specific intense analysis. The lesson will conclude with some examples and a summary.
4. What is Data Analytics? - Definition & Tools
In this lesson, we'll learn about data analytics. We'll define it and learn about some of the many tools used for data analytics. The lesson is followed by a quiz.
5. Statistical Analysis: Using Data to Find Trends and Examine Relationships
Many different organizations use statistical analysis to describe and analyze data and to predict future trends. Learn about the different types of statistics in this video lesson.
6. Statistical Analysis with Categorical Data
Learn why percentages are so important when analyzing categorical data in this video lesson. Watch as the data is turned into a data table and a visual bar graph as ways to analyze the data.
7. Make Estimates and Predictions from Categorical Data
Categorical data can be estimated but not predicted. Learn why in this video lesson along with how to read and gather information from a bar graph of categorical data.
8. Using Qualitative Data for Demand Forecasting
After reading this lesson, you will know how to find out whether there is demand for your product and how much demand there is through the use of qualitative data, even when you are just starting out. Learn how you can use focus groups and surveys to forecast demand.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation