About This Chapter
Marketing Data Analysis - Chapter Summary
This chapter was created to provide you with the chance to review marketing data analysis. Get ready to familiarize yourself with how data is organized and used in this form of analysis. You'll go over different methods and strategies for using marketing data with these lessons. After completing this chapter, you can be confident that you understand:
- Business intelligence (BI)
- Statistical analysis
- Marketing strategies
- Business forecasting
Every facet of the lessons in this chapter was designed to facilitate your education goals. These lessons will provide you with practice involving vocabulary words. You'll also have the chance to complete quizzes and a chapter test regarding this part of marketing.
1. Business Intelligence (BI): Organizing, Categorizing and Accessing Data
Business Intelligence uses specialized information systems to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Learn about some of the specific tools used in Business Intelligence.
2. Statistical Analysis: Using Data to Find Trends and Examine Relationships
Many different organizations use statistical analysis to describe and analyze data and to predict future trends. Learn about the different types of statistics in this video lesson.
3. Applying Profit Analysis to Marketing Strategies
In this lesson we will discuss marketing strategies and how to apply profit analysis. This will include defining the term and identifying its basic components, along with actually calculating profit analysis for business purposes.
4. Business Forecasting: Methods & Analysis
Businesses create financial forecasts for a number of variables, such as sales volume. In this lesson, you'll learn about the qualitative and quantitative methods used to prepare forecasts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards