About This Chapter
Marketing & E-Commerce - Chapter Summary
These lessons can help you understand the importance of social media and methods for using this type of marketing tool. Blogs and podcasts are also addressed in this chapter.
Additionally, after moving forward in this chapter, you'll get to learn how businesses target certain behaviors. After reading through the lessons, you should comprehend these key topics better:
- Using wikis in business communication
- The pros and cons of electronic channels of communication
- Uses and issues with behavioral targeting
- E-commerce and collaborative filtering
Instructors developed all of these lessons, and they are available to answer any questions that might come up. The videos are short and make the learning process fun. You also have access to lesson transcripts containing highlighted key words, letting you quickly review important concepts from this chapter.
1. The Role of Social Media in Business Communication
Social media has played a growing role in company's business communication. Numerous affordable advantages create increased sales and customer loyalty through different platforms and word of mouth.
2. Blogs, Podcasts, and Wikis in Business Communication
Business communication has drastically evolved in the last decade. In this lesson, we'll look at alternative uses of communication that help improve quality, public relations and internal employee relationships through the use of blogs, podcasts and wikis.
3. Using Electronic Channels of Communication: Strengths and Weaknesses
Electronic channels of communication allow businesses to reach customers and communicate internally through the use of fax, text and email. Employees should be aware that there are both advantages and disadvantages to using electronic tools.
4. Behavioral Targeting: Definition, Uses & Issues
This lesson will define behavioral targeting in online marketing. We'll see how it's used to customize what is marketed to potential customers. The lesson will also address privacy and security concerns for consumers.
5. Using Collaborative Filtering in E-Commerce
Collaborative filtering delivers recommendations to website visitors. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this filtering technique and how it's used.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Ethics & Marketing Strategy
- Consumer Behavior & Decision Making
- Research for Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards