About This Chapter
Marketing Education - Chapter Summary
Marketing is an ever-changing and broad profession, and there are a variety of learning opportunities that provide marketing education. Whether you are embarking on a new career or just adding to your arsenal of marking skills, the lessons in this chapter help you sort out your options. They also introduce you to a host of non-classroom learning opportunities that could prove to be very beneficial. You will explore topics such as:
- Marketing education: what you can expect to learn
- The importance of lifelong learning
- School-based enterprise
- Career and technical marketing education
- Coop programs
- Student and professional organizations
- Student learning opportunities in the community and local industries
- Evaluating transfer agreements between programs
Cover the lessons at your own pace. Our knowledgeable instructors present each of these topics in a brief, engaging lesson, allowing you to work on your own schedule and review as much as you like. If at any point you have questions, our subject matter experts are available with an answer. Track your progress on your Dashboard, and to ensure you understand the material, complete the quiz in each lesson. They are great for review!
1. What Is Marketing Education?
Marketing education is a degree program option where students learn how to move products from concept to consumer. Learn more about what marketing education entails in this lesson.
2. Strategies for Lifelong Learning in Marketing Education
In this lesson, discover effective ways to continue to learn about marketing and apply that knowledge to your industry. With these tools, you can keep current on the latest marketing techniques.
3. School-Based Enterprise: Definition & Goals
School-based enterprises can be a great learning tool for students to gain real-world experience. In this lesson, you'll learn about school-based enterprises, their goals and advantages, and how they incorporate marketing into the process.
4. Career & Technical Marketing Education: Definition & Benefits
There are a multitude of ways to learn about the marketing field and put your education to use. In this lesson you will learn about career and technical marketing education, its goals and benefits, and how they are used in the marketing discipline.
5. Student & Professional Organizations in Marketing Education
A student or professional organization can be a valuable accompaniment to your career path or current job. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the benefits of joining a student or professional organization.
6. Cooperative Education Programs in Marketing
Cooperative education programs in marketing can merge classroom work with practical experience. In this lesson, you'll learn more about cooperative education programs in marketing.
7. The Role of Student Organizations in Marketing Education
Student organizations in the marketing discipline serve many functions for future marketing professionals. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the role of these organizations for marketing students.
8. Marketing Education: Student Learning Opportunities
There are many ways marketing students can enhance their education outside of the classroom. In this lesson, we will learn how to develop networking skills to create opportunities, student clubs and organizations, internships, job shadowing, and market research.
9. Developing Articulation Agreements with Educational Institutions
In this lesson we'll investigate the articulation agreement as a pathway between two or more educational institutions, look at benefits to the stakeholders, and discuss the process for developing an articulation agreement.
10. Involvement of Marketing Education with Community & Industry
Building relationships between education programs and community organizations can be beneficial for all parties. In this lesson, you'll learn about creating community-education partnerships.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Marketing for Teachers: Help & Review course
- How Organizations are Structured & Designed
- General Business Management
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in Organizations
- Business Law & Regulation
- Economic Basics
- Business and the Economy
- The Economy and the US Government
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing Basics
- Product Pricing & Selling
- Product Development & Distribution
- Promotion & Advertising
- Selling & Customer Service
- Market Research and Segmentation
- Strategic Planning for Marketers
- Global Business Strategies and Challenges
- Business Communication
- Business Analytics
- Computer Basics for Business
- The Internet and Business
- Career Planning for High School Students
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Marketing Employment Skills
- Marketing Career Stages
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment