About This Chapter
Marketing Ethics & Regulation - Chapter Summary
Our subject-matter experts host these videos on marketing ethics and regulation. Get to know privatization, regulation, and deregulation types. Look at illustrated and informative lessons that cover information such as:
- Ethical concerns in business and marketing
- Cause-related marketing and ethics
- Target marketing in business, both ethical and unethical
- How privatization and deregulation impacts businesses
- Advertising regulations
- Business strategies for influencing regulatory agencies and congress
These video lessons are each 5-10 minutes in run time and can be viewed from either a computer or mobile device. They come with a video transcript and a keyword-base timeline tool to quickly locate any section of the lesson you want to watch again. Assess your comprehension of the concepts in each lesson with the multiple-choice quizzes.
1. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
2. Ethics and Cause-Related Marketing
Do you avoid a specific store entrance when people are collecting money for charity outside? In this video, you will learn more about social responsibility and, specifically, the growth of cause-related marketing.
3. Ethical & Unethical Target Marketing in Business
Companies are desperate to acquire customers, and some will use inappropriate ways to gain their attention. In this lesson, you'll learn how to discern ethical from unethical target marketing, using the example of marketing to vulnerable populations.
4. Types of Regulation, Privatization, & Deregulation
Government can monitor, control and manage business through different types of regulation. In this lesson, you will learn about the two specific categories of regulation and how privatization and deregulation impacts business.
5. Advertising Abuses & Regulation
Companies do not always act ethically when trying to persuade consumers to purchase their products. In this lesson, we will discuss the various ways in which advertising can be abused and take a look at controversial advertising and regulation of advertising.
6. Business Strategies for Influencing Congress & Regulatory Agencies
In this lesson, you will learn business' strategies for influencing Congress and regulatory agencies are campaign contributions, lobbying and grassroots lobbying.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards