About This Chapter
Marketing Fundamentals for Restaurants - Chapter Summary
While marketing is a major consideration for all organizations, each industry has different marketing challenges they must face. This chapter discusses marketing fundamentals specifically for restaurants. Go to the chapter menu and look through all of the available lessons. Each of our short lessons is clearly labeled, so you know exactly which topics will be discussed. You have the option to go through the lessons one by one, or to skip around, depending on your study needs. If you choose to complete the entire chapter, you will be prepared to do the following:
- Describe the role and purpose of a marketing strategy
- Identify how market segmentation works
- Analyze the end result of Red Lobster's market segmentation
- Define the fundamentals of guest services-focused marketing
- Explain the structure of restaurant marketing plans
- Point out restaurant marketing tips, strategies, trends, and ideas
- Assess how social media marketing impacts restaurants
- Measure the benefits of mobile marketing and email marketing
1. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
2. Market Segmentation: Geographic, Demographic, Psychographic & More
Marketers must be effective at creating niche segments to promote and sell their products or services. There are five specific ways that markets can be segmented in order to create a successful sales opportunity.
3. Food Service Case Study: Darden Restaurants Market Segmentation
Darden Restaurants boasts many of the popular names in full-service dining with a focus on market segmentation. In this lesson, you'll learn more about their segmentation style to reach multiple markets.
4. Guest Services-Focused Marketing
Establishing a guest-services-focused marketing environment in your hotel can improve guest satisfaction and improve retention. Learn how to train your staff, create a marketing plan, and measure service that is guest focused.
5. Restaurant Marketing Plans: Structure & Example
A marketing plan, for a restaurant or any other business, guides the promotion of products and services for the coming year. In this lesson, you'll meet the owner of Stizza Pizza and take a peek at a short sample marketing plan for his business.
6. Restaurant Marketing: Ideas & Strategies
Restaurant marketing presents many unique ideas and strategies. In this lesson, you'll learn more about marketing ideas for the places you get your favorite eats and drinks.
7. Restaurant Marketing: Tips & Trends
Savvy restaurant marketing keeps up with the times and introduces new ideas. In this lesson, you'll learn more about restaurant marketing tips and trends to boost your business.
8. Social Media Marketing for Restaurants
Social media presents many opportunities for restaurants looking to market themselves. In this lesson, you'll learn more about social media strategies and opportunities.
9. Mobile Marketing for Restaurants
Mobile marketing is a great tool for restaurants looking to boost brand awareness and fill tables. In this lesson, you'll learn some the basics of successful mobile marketing.
10. Email Marketing for Restaurants
Email marketing can be a low-cost, high-reward option for promoting your restaurant. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how email marketing can be a positive addition to your restaurant marketing plan.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 309: Food & Beverage Service & Operations course
- Intro to Food & Beverage Operations
- Feasibility Planning for the Restaurant Industry
- Menu Planning Basics
- Food & Beverage Costs & Purchasing
- Food & Beverage Pricing Methods
- Food & Beverage Storage
- Inventory Control for Food & Beverage Services
- Restaurant Food Production
- Food Preparation Basics
- Food Preparation Safety
- Types of Restaurant Service
- Restaurant Service Overview
- Serving Alcoholic Beverages
- Restaurant Design & Equipment Selection
- Financial Management for Food Service
- Food & Beverage Industry Trends
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 309