About This Chapter
Marketing in India - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter examine marketing in India, as well as basic marketing definitions. As you work through this series of video and text-based lessons, you'll study topics such as the marketing mix, marketing strategies and online marketing benefits. You'll also evaluate how India protects the rights of its consumers. The chapter is designed to help you:
- Understand the importance and applications of marketing in business
- Identify the four components of the marketing mix
- Evaluate the benefits that online marketing has over print advertising
- Determine how a sales strategy helps a marketing strategy
- Analyze India's consumer protection rights
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you retain your marketing knowledge. A comprehensive chapter exam is also available, and you can ask our instructors questions if you need any extra help with the material. The chapter is available at any time of day or night so you can study whenever it's convenient.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. The Marketing Mix: Product, Place, Price & Promotion
A marketing plan is the central part of the overall marketing strategy. A marketing plan's main focus is the marketing mix, which consists of product, place, promotion and price decisions. All four elements are very flexible and have many options. The main purpose of the marketing mix is to effectively communicate with the target market.
3. What is Online Marketing? - Definition & Benefits Over Print
The advertising world has gone digital, and more businesses are turning to online marketing instead of traditional print advertising to get their message across. But what are the benefits of this change? In this lesson, we'll learn what online marketing is and why business owners are choosing it over print.
4. Sales Strategy & Marketing Strategy
After you create a marketing strategy, you can then define a sales strategy. In this lesson, we will discuss the importance of utilizing a sales strategy and marketing strategy to help achieve goals.
5. Consumer Protection in India: Rights & Methods
You, yes you, have the right to be heard! In this lesson, you'll learn more about your rights to be protected as a consumer and the ways in which these protections are implemented.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISC Commerce: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Introduction to Indian Commercial Organization
- Forms of Indian Business Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Businesses
- Emerging Modes of Business
- Stock Exchange in India
- Types of Trade
- Understanding Foreign Trade
- Insurance & Risk Management Basics
- Business Environment Overview
- Types of Financing
- Management Theories & Functions
- ISC Commerce Flashcards