About This Chapter
Marketing Information & Research - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
It is difficult to know if a new product idea has the potential to be a commercial success in the marketplace. Bringing a new concept to market is a costly, time consuming venture, and businesses want to have some assurance that they are likely to be successful. For this reason, gathering marketing information and conducting marketing research are important dimensions of bringing a new product to market. In this chapter, we will examine the different aspects of gathering marketing information and establishing and conducting market research. You'll begin to understand the elements of these important processes. In these lessons, you'll learn things like:
- The components of marketing controls
- How marketing research fits into the marketing strategy
- The differences between quantitative and qualitative research
- How marketing research projects are established
|Marketing Controls: Market Research, Test Marketing & Marketing Statistics||Explain the purpose of marketing controls.|
|Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose & Role in Marketing Strategy||Understand why marketing research is performed and its place in marketing strategy.|
|Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research in Marketing||Define and explain the differences between quantitative and qualitative research.|
|How to Establish a Marketing Research Project||Discuss the steps involved in setting up a marketing research project.|
1. Marketing Controls: Market Research, Test Marketing & Marketing Statistics
In this lesson, we will explain the purpose of marketing controls and explore related concepts, such as market research, test marketing, and marketing statistics.
2. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
3. Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research in Marketing
After watching this video lesson, you will know the differences between quantitative market research and qualitative market research. You will see what strengths each has and how these can work together.
4. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Principles of Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Environment Factors
- The Marketing Process
- Consumer Buyer Behavior
- Business Buying Behavior
- Marketing Strategy
- Products, Services & Brands
- Distribution & Logistics
- Promotion, Advertising & Public Relations
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Global Marketing Strategies
- Social Responsibility & Marketing Ethics
- UExcel Principles of Marketing Flashcards