About This Chapter
Marketing Management for Hospitality & Tourism - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our expert instructors will delve into the key skills that are needed for effective marketing management employees. Lessons in this chapter examine the following information:
- Customer relationship management
- Business contact databases
- Cloud computing and databases
- Database marketing
- Direct marketing
- International marketing
These corporate training lessons provide your employees with information that will be valuable to them in order to carry out their duties. The resources in this chapter are available as many times as your employees need them until they feel confident they have mastered the material. The resources are also mobile friendly. This means that employees can view this chapter at home or on-site.
How It Helps
- Reduces errors: This chapter reduces the errors that management can make when carrying out marketing strategies.
- Encourages standards: When employees utilize the lessons in this chapter, they will encourage a uniform standard that everyone should adhere to.
- Increases sales: Having an effective marketing management team could increase the number of sales your company makes.
By the end of this chapter, managers will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between customers and marketing technology
- Create a business contact database
- Identify the technology that is used in database management such as cloud computing
- Address general information about database marketing
- Recognize the benefits of direct marketing
- Know the importance of a global marketing strategy
- Understand international external marketing procedures
1. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management (CRM) is the process of marketers using effective marketing strategies to attract consumers and motivate them to become loyal customers. Learn about the goals of CRM and the methods of marketing technology that CRM relies on to achieve these goals.
2. How to Develop & Manage a Business Contact Database
Developing and managing a business contact database allows a business to keep track of customers, contact former customers, and market special services. These steps will help you be more effective in creating a contact database.
3. Cloud Computing and Databases: Technology to Improve Database Management
Cloud computing is a technological advancement used to improve database management. It uses a large network of computers to service users. Explore cloud computing and some security and privacy concerns surrounding it in this lesson.
4. Database Marketing for Hospitality
Database marketing for hospitality allows the industry to gain important information about customers. In this lesson, we'll discuss database marketing, data utilization in hospitality, direct marketing, and revenue management.
5. The Types & Benefits of Direct Marketing
In this lesson, you'll see how businesses build awareness of their products through the use of direct marketing. You'll also see how businesses decide what type of direct marketing to use and what benefits there are.
6. Practical Application: Choosing the Best Direct Marketing Approach
Every day we are exposed to some form of direct marketing. Review different scenarios and identify the form of direct marketing that is the best fit for the situation.
7. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
International marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas. Learn about the importance of a global marketing strategy and what its pros and cons are.
8. International External Marketing: Culture, Economics, Tech & More
When a company expands into an international market, it needs to develop an external marketing strategy that usually differs from a domestic marketing strategy. Learn how marketers may analyze international cultures, economics, technology, sociocultural factors, and other characteristics needed to market their goods and services in another country.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.