About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Marketing Philosophies and Ethics chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Marketing fundamentals||Definition of and ways to apply marketing|
|Tuesday||Sales, production, societal marketing and marketing orientation||Meaning and comparison of terms|
|Wednesday||Marketing ethics||Discussion of how ethics is applied in marketing|
|Thursday||Business ethics||Explanation of business ethics in corporate settings|
|Friday||Cause-related marketing||Overview of cause marketing|
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
5. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
6. Ethics and Cause-Related Marketing
Do you avoid a specific store entrance when people are collecting money for charity outside? In this video, you will learn more about social responsibility and, specifically, the growth of cause-related marketing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Principles of Marketing Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Competitive Advantage: Marketing Lesson Plans
- The Marketing Environment: Lesson Plans
- International Marketplace: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Consumer Decision Making: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Business Marketing & Research: Lesson Plans
- Segmentation & Product Marketing: Lesson Plans
- Managing a Product & Retailing: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Services Marketing, Channels & Supply Chain Management: Lesson Plans
- Promotion, Advertising & Public Relations: Marketing Lesson Plans
- Selling & Pricing Strategy: Marketing Lesson Plans