About This Chapter
Marketing Planning - Chapter Summary
If you would like to learn more about marketing planning, you can watch the video lessons contained in this chapter for overviews of relevant topics. Each topic is essential for understanding marketing planning as a whole.
The video lessons will begin by elucidating important definitions and strategies for improving marketing skills. You will then learn about different elements of the marketing planning process, as well as helpful examples that will allow you to better grasp these concepts. This chapter contains specific lessons on topics such as:
- The definition and samples of a marketing plan
- How to develop a marketing vision statement and plan
- Industry marketing cost data
- How to create and manage a marketing budget
- How to estimate the impact of a marketing plan
Our lesson instructors will go over all information on these topics, and several others, in an easy-to-understand online format. Once you have completed each lesson, you can test your understanding of these topics by taking the chapter's practice quizzes. You can also use your personal Dashboard to track your progress as you complete each chapter.
1. What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
In this lesson, we will learn what a marketing plan is and why it is so important for a business to have one. We will cover the specific strategies the plan should have in order to help the organization achieve its goals.
2. Developing a Marketing Vision Statement & Plan
A marketing plan is a crucial piece of your overall marketing efforts. In this lesson, you'll learn how to develop and write a vision statement for a marketing plan and establish marketing goals and objectives.
3. Industry Marketing Cost Data: Collection & Examples
This lesson will show you how to develop a budget for your company's marketing plan. This information is important to estimate costs for sections of the budget, especially for new marketing avenues. Learn what areas to target for finding industry marketing cost data that will help generate a realistic budget.
4. Creating & Managing a Marketing Budget
A marketing budget can help you create and execute a marketing plan that meets your goals and objectives. In this lesson, you'll learn more about creating and managing a marketing budget.
5. Marketing Implementation: Example Plans & Strategies
Implementation is one of the most important phases in a marketing plan. This lesson defines marketing implementation and provides a sample marketing plan with strategies.
6. Estimating the Impact of a Marketing Plan
Estimating the impact of a marketing plan can give you insight into how it is benefiting your business and marketing objectives. In this lesson, you'll learn more the impact of a marketing plan.
7. Marketing Plans: Progress Reports & Revisions
Marketing progress reports can paint a picture of your successes and areas of weakness. In this lesson, you'll learn more about evaluating and revising marketing plans as appropriate.
8. The Planning Processes for Informational and Analytical Reports
Informational and analytical reports each have a specific planning process to allow the writer to demonstrate an understanding of a business problem. This lesson explains the differences between the two reports.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards