About This Chapter
Marketing Proposals - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our subject-matter experts present information on the elements of marketing proposals. They show you key components of letters of intent as well as go over the structure, content and purpose of a proposal. Other topics are covered in this chapter, such as:
- Definition and process of an RFQ
- Request for proposal (RFP) process and soliciting proposals
- RFQ and RFP strategy sessions
- Proposal preparation for government contracts
- Letters of inquiry
- Parts and persuasive elements of a proposal
- Comparison of different proposal types
We designed these to be short lessons to make it easy for you to make steady progress on your studies. Log in using your mobile device whenever you have a few minutes to complete a lesson or two. If you have any questions, use our feature for submitting a question to our experts.
1. What is a RFQ? - Definition & Process
Governments and businesses alike use Requests for Quotation (RFQs) in order to fill service and supply needs from outside of their organization. This lesson will explain who uses them, how, and why.
2. Preparing a Request for Proposal (RFP) & Soliciting Proposals
In this lesson, we will learn about a Request for Proposal (RFP). The lesson covers: what an RFP is, its components and how businesses use it to purchase goods and services.
3. Conducting & Participating in RFQ/RFP Strategy Sessions
This lesson will briefly discuss the RFQ and RFP processes, including why strategy sessions are an important preparation before proceeding to respond to an RFP.
4. How to Prepare Government Contract Proposals
Many businesses, large and small, wish to do business with the federal government. This lesson provides a general overview of things that should be included in a government contract proposal and explains how to fill out necessary forms.
5. How to Write a Letter of Intent
Writing a letter of intent is an essential part to some application submissions as well as receiving funds from a company. In this lesson, we will discuss how to write a letter of intent and what needs to be included in the letter.
6. Purpose, Content & Structure of Proposals
Proposals are an important part of business communications. In this lesson, you'll learn about the purpose, content, and structure of proposal writing in a business setting. A short quiz follows.
7. Comparing Different Types of Proposals
Proposals are important documents for organizations ranging from businesses to universities and other non-profit organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of proposals. A short quiz follows.
8. Persuasive Elements of Proposals
Proposals are persuasive documents, but not all proposals use the same method of persuasion. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of proposals and the various persuasive elements they use.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Marketing Recruitment & Training
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards