About This Chapter
Marketing Recruitment & Training - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you can review lessons on the different types of recruitment and training options for marketing positions. You will see definitions, methods, pros and cons and interview types for common staffing selection, as well as lessons on topics including:
- Definition, methods and process of internal recruitment
- Methods, advantages and disadvantages associated with external recruitment
- Types of interviews and their pitfalls
- Common topics of marketing training sessions, including marketing research and planning, promotional activities and media interaction
- Technical staff training
These short lessons each have an accompanying quiz to help you monitor your comprehension of the material as you go through the chapter. Lessons are in text and video formats. Videos have an average run time of 5-10 minutes, and we include the video transcripts along with a convenient keyword-based timeline tool for locating lesson material you want to look over again. Refer to your dashboard for tracking your progress on these lessons.
1. Internal Recruitment: Definition, Methods & Process
Successful companies need good employees. Those employees can come from outside the organization or they can move from within. In this lesson, you'll learn what internal recruitment is and how it can be a good thing for employees and the company.
2. External Recruitment: Advantages, Disadvantages & Methods
Do you have a job vacancy and want to learn more about external recruiting? Read on to find out the advantages and disadvantages of this type of recruiting process, as well as the different methods that are used to find potential employees outside of an organization.
3. Common Staffing Selection Methods: Definitions, Interview Types, Pros & Cons
Most companies rely on interviewing potential employees as part of the selection process. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of interviews utilized by companies. We'll also cover some of the major pitfalls in using them.
4. How to Conduct Marketing Training Sessions
Continuing marketing training throughout a career can be a valuable asset to a marketer's education and practical application. In this lesson, you'll learn more about marketing training.
5. Marketing & Business Development Training for Technical Staff
In this lesson you will learn how communicating brand messaging with employees will benefit the company. Communication or training techniques can vary, but one common and effective way is through brand storytelling that conveys the company's vision and values.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer course
- Marketing Research
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Marketing Data Collection Techniques
- Marketing Data Analysis Techniques
- Marketing Planning
- Strategic Planning for Marketing
- Business & Client Development for Marketing
- Customer Experience & Satisfaction
- Methods of Assessing Customer Satisfaction
- Marketing Proposals
- Proposal Presentations
- Contracts & Proposal Tracking in Marketing
- Promotional Activity in Marketing
- Advertising in Marketing
- Management in Marketing
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- Group Dynamics & Team Building
- Organization Design & Structure
- Marketing Ethics & Regulation
- CPSM Exam Study Guide - Certified Professional Services Marketer Flashcards