About This Chapter
Marketing & Social Media - Chapter Summary
Take a look at this marketing chapter to explore the fundamentals of social media marketing. Our expert marketing instructors break down social media marketing trends, viral marketing techniques, social media marketing channels and much more. Following each lesson is a short quiz to help you retain your knowledge. If you have any questions, simply reach out to our instructors online. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Define social media marketing
- Evaluate the role and purpose of social media in business communication
- Detail how companies go about choosing a social media channel for marketing
- Differentiate between common social media marketing channels
- Describe the incorporation of social media into a marketing campaign
- Understand how social media marketing success is measured
- Explain social media marketing trends and viral marketing techniques
- Outline some of the current challenges and opportunities that are involved in Internet marketing
- Determine how Internet marketing can leverage user-generated content
1. Social Media Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define social media and explain what it means for marketing and business. Examples from different types of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, will be given.
2. The Role of Social Media in Business Communication
Social media has played a growing role in company's business communication. Numerous affordable advantages create increased sales and customer loyalty through different platforms and word of mouth.
3. How to Choose a Social Media Channel for Marketing
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest have opened the doors to companies directly marketing to customers. But which one do we use and when? This lesson reviews what channels companies should use to persuasively market their goods and services.
4. Social Media Marketing Channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
Likes, tweets, +1s, pins, and more! This lesson provides information about the most popular social media outlets. Learn more about using Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to expand your digital marketing reach.
5. How to Incorporate Social Media Into a Marketing Campaign
In this lesson, we consider ways to integrate social media marketing (SMM) into a broader promotional campaign. We examine social media marketing as a tool to be used in conjunction with other marketing channels to produce the best promotional effects.
6. Measuring the Success of Social Media Marketing
Learn about the metrics that are important in measuring the success of your social media marketing efforts. We also explore options for monitoring your brand online with a social media analytics platform.
7. Trends in Social Media Marketing
With about 74% of Internet users integrated into social media, it is no wonder businesses are using this powerful tool. With its endless reach and frequency, social media marketing brings the storefront to the homes and heads of its viewers.
8. What is Viral Marketing? - Definition, Techniques & Examples
This lesson discusses viral marketing and offers techniques that make a campaign go viral. Examples of effective viral marketing campaigns and messages are included.
9. Internet Marketing Challenges & Opportunities
The Internet presents a world wide web of opportunities for marketing but also a myriad of challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the positives and negatives of taking your business online.
10. How to Leverage User-Generated Content in Internet Marketing
Consumers are increasingly relying on other users to help with decisions about purchases of goods and services. In this lesson, we will learn about user-generated content (UGC) and its role in Internet marketing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Introduction to Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Marketing
- Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Market Research & Analysis
- Marketing Environment Basics
- Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- Consumer Behavior, Satisfaction & Loyalty
- Segmentation, Targeting, & Position in Marketing
- Marketing Ethics Basics
- Business Marketing Overview
- Global Business Marketing
- Product & Service Management
- Marketing Channels & Distribution
- Supply Chains & Logistics in Marketing
- Direct Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications Overview
- Personal Selling Communication
- TECEP Introduction to Marketing Flashcards