About This Chapter
Marketing & the Global Economy - Chapter Summary
By using this chapter, you will get to see different aspects of international business. You'll analyze different trends that are currently having an impact on companies.
The chapter also discusses the culture of globalization, helping you review historical events and trends in the market. If you study each lesson in this chapter, you should be comfortable with:
- Stating how businesses are affected by the global business environment
- Understanding the importance of communication in global marketing and business
- Identifying important components of Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory
- Describing cultural trends in global business
Review all the lessons in this chapter, and then use the self-assessment quizzes to see what information you can remember. The video lessons feature tags that help you quickly move to certain parts in a video for review. You also have access to the instructors for both the text and video lessons. They will answer all of your questions in a way that's easy to understand.
1. Major Trends & Developments in International Business
Entire courses - even entire college degrees - exist to teach people the complexities of international business. While this lesson is just an introduction, it will discuss important trends that are shaping the world's economy.
2. How The Global Business Environment Affects Business: Explanation & Examples
The world is becoming smaller. As globalization continues, businesses will be presented with opportunities and face challenges. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of these challenges and see how businesses can meet them.
3. Communication in Global Business & Marketing
Do you want to learn more about communication and marketing in the global context? This lesson compares and contrasts various methods of communication that exist globally, and discusses how to apply them to business and marketing.
4. Growth of International Organizations: History, Events, and Trends
In this lesson, we explore the growth of international organizations since the 1990s, especially the proliferation of trade deals and the expanding reach of existing organizations like the UN, NATO, and the EU.
5. Globalization and Organizational Culture
Culture influences almost every aspect of an organization. Globalization is one of the forces that influences organizational culture, and in this lesson we will talk about just how globalization impacts organizational culture.
6. Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions Theory
Dimensions of culture are an important aspect of international business. Knowing how cultures view different aspects of business can help a manager navigate through the international business market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Ethics & Marketing Strategy
- Consumer Behavior & Decision Making
- Research for Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Web & Media Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards