About This Chapter
Marketing & the Internet - Chapter Summary
The Internet plays an important role in how businesses market to their consumers, and the use of Internet marketing is very common these days. Use the video lessons in this chapter to better understand this key form of marketing. Instructors will teach you the basics of Internet marketing and show you the most successful strategies for carrying out marketing plans. After each lesson, you can take a quiz to test your knowledge of the subject. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Explain how marketing reaches consumers and why it is a significant part of the business world
- Define the basics of advertising
- Compare common marketing strategies and advertising media choices
- Recognize various influences that affect marketing strategies
- Classify the different marketing strategy goals
- Explain the major principles of digital marketing and define associated terminology
- Describe the growth and evolution of digital marketing
- Understand the process of consumer decision making
- Compare digital marketing/advertising to traditional marketing
1. Comparing Traditional Marketing to Digital Marketing & Advertising
In this lesson, we'll learn about digital marketing and traditional marketing platforms. Then, we will go over the pros and cons of each. The right combination of digital and traditional marketing differs depending on the company.
2. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
3. Understanding the Consumer Decision-Making Process: A Marketing Must
In this lesson, you'll see how a consumer moves through a decision making process in order to purchase a product or service. Learn what methods marketers use to take advantage of this process.
4. What is Advertising? - Definition & Examples
The greatest product or service in the world won't make money unless consumers know it exists. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of advertising, common advertising media, and read some examples of effective advertising.
5. Advertising Media Choices and Marketing Strategy
There are many different types of advertising media that marketing managers can choose from in order to create a successful marketing strategy. This lesson covers some of those options, including printed media, television and outdoor media.
6. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
7. Goals of Promotion and the Marketing Mix
Before deciding on a final campaign, marketing managers need to decide what the promotional goals will be for their overall marketing strategy. Depending on the type of product, marketers need to either inform, persuade or remind consumers about product benefits and features.
8. Digital Marketing: Definition, Strategies & Example
This lesson will define digital marketing. We will explore its key characteristics as well as the media and strategies that can be used in its implementation.
9. The Evolution & Growth of Digital Marketing
In this lesson, we'll explore the world of digital marketing, its evolution and importance, its potential for growth, and some strategies businesses can use to keep on top of it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309