About This Chapter
Marketing with Social Media - Chapter Summary
This chapter dissects various approaches to social media marketing. You'll review the qualities of successful marketing strategies within the social media realm while comparing forms of social media in a business context. By the end of the chapter you'll have bolstered your understanding of:
- The application and purpose of social media and online communities
- Mediums of Internet communication
- Social media's role in business communication
- Blogs, podcasts, and wikis
- The pros and cons of employing electronic channels of communication
- Social media marketing trends
The dashboard feature allows you to stay organized by keeping tabs on your recent studies and progress through the material. While you're there you can also consider checking out links to practice quizzes and additional courses recommended based off your studying activity. And if you're feeling lost, you can pose questions to subject experts at any point of the chapter.
1. Social Media and Online Communities: Popularity, Use & Purpose
In this lesson, we explore the new and ever-changing environment of social media platforms, as well as detailing some of its uses and some of its purported dangers.
2. Internet Communication: Social Media, Email, Blog, & Chat
This lesson talks about how social media adds business value by building networks that enhance competitive advantage, enable the exchange of information, foster strong relationships and serve as a foundation of building professional and personal relationships irrespective of different geographical spaces and time zones.
3. The Role of Social Media in Business Communication
Social media has played a growing role in company's business communication. Numerous affordable advantages create increased sales and customer loyalty through different platforms and word of mouth.
4. Blogs, Podcasts, and Wikis in Business Communication
Business communication has drastically evolved in the last decade. In this lesson, we'll look at alternative uses of communication that help improve quality, public relations and internal employee relationships through the use of blogs, podcasts and wikis.
5. Using Electronic Channels of Communication: Strengths and Weaknesses
Electronic channels of communication allow businesses to reach customers and communicate internally through the use of fax, text and email. Employees should be aware that there are both advantages and disadvantages to using electronic tools.
6. Trends in Social Media Marketing
With about 74% of Internet users integrated into social media, it is no wonder businesses are using this powerful tool. With its endless reach and frequency, social media marketing brings the storefront to the homes and heads of its viewers.
7. Components of a Successful Social Media Strategy
Social media brings with it new possibilities for marketers. These avenues should be pursued with a dedicated strategy. This lesson will define marketing strategy, its social media component, and the essential parts of a social media strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Mobile Marketing Overview
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards